The Lotus Cars Community banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
I would like to discuss purchasing your car. Since I’m in the US I have a few questions about your tax situation. Can you PM me. I would love to speak with you on the phone, but since I am new to this forum, I don’t know if that is permitted.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
what was this 2011 car's price new?

The lone was "about even" t the USD in 2011 .... as a reference.

Inquiring minds ...
Hi I remember seeing the car listed by Lotus with a MSRP of $57,500.00 can. plus $995.00 for the star shield. Plus shipping, prep, taxes and dealer markup etc… I believe they were around $68,000.00 in the end…

·
Registered
273 Posts
The bottom line is ... this nice 2011 Elise SC is a rare item.
There are only so many such "opportunities" that come along in life.
Like the guy with the "Jim Clark" edition ... on LT. One lucky dude.
Where else are you going to get one?

In the "can't take it with you ... " reality, one lucky peep will be enjoying this Elise ... "as the car's caretaker" ... for the next peep ... when THAT time comes.

I suspect Lotus only brought in ONE type of 50-state cars to North America ... and as stock (emission equipment and stickers/labels), totally able to register it in any state, even California. The ECU may run the Daylight headlights, PWM's high beam or the LED marker lights ?) as a Canadian requirement, but I'd bet the same is true for the 2011 USA cars in these "one piece headlight assemblies" ...

Is the Odo in Kilometers or Miles?
That may be the only USA hiccup if it is not an ECU/Display software parameter that can be changes, right?
I say this only because a fellow I know who "commuted" across the bridge to Ford, when he moved to New York, he was able to register his Canadian Civic ONLY with the aspect he cannot sell it (in New York) if it is not changed to miles. Since his "Acrua engined Civic" will be owned until his PBD (pine box day) ... he's allowed to register and use it in New York.

Both my old 60's Ferraris were in kilometers, but maybe back then, the States' DMV offices didn't care.

It'll be gone by month's end, yeah?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·

In the "can't take it with you ... " reality, one lucky peep will be enjoying this Elise ... "as the car's caretaker" ... for the next peep ... when THAT time comes.

I suspect Lotus only brought in ONE type of 50-state cars to North America ... and as stock (emission equipment and stickers/labels), totally able to register it in any state, even California. The ECU may run the Daylight headlights, PWM's high beam or the LED marker lights ?) as a Canadian requirement, but I'd bet the same is true for the 2011 USA cars in these "one piece headlight assemblies" ...

That may be the only USA hiccup if it is not an ECU/Display software parameter that can be changes, right?
I say this only because a fellow I know who "commuted" across the bridge to Ford, when he moved to New York, he was able to register his Canadian Civic ONLY with the aspect he cannot sell it (in New York) if it is not changed to miles. Since his "Acrua engined Civic" will be owned until his PBD (pine box day) ... he's allowed to register and use it in New York.

Both my old 60's Ferraris were in kilometers, but maybe back then, the States' DMV offices didn't care.

Yes exactly this is why I ended up buying this car it was my one chance at getting a real piece of history. Plus in the future if everything goes well the next owner will have this car for many years and when he sells and I see it I can say « “see that #10 Elise! , that was my car!“ Lol

Right now it is in Kilometers you can see it in a picture above, I would have to check to see if I can switch it For miles.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Just for clarification, this is a dealer sale? Not private?
this way op can "trade in" the lotus and get the lotus sale $ amount subtracted from the new car deal before final tax calculation.
not very common but op can certainly save some sales tax in Canada. not sure if dealer will charge potential buyer service fees /"reconditioning fees" as a middle man. no i do not trust dealers one bit.

anyways, does it mean I can list my final edition exige for over 79k+tax CAD? very tempting

·
Registered
311 Posts

It is very difficult almost impossible to get contemporary (<25 years old) Canada lotus' register in USA for road use and vise versa. they are literally the same car but the VIN indicate USA and CAD have different emission/engine spec (highly doubt) and DMV will give you the run around.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
this way op can "trade in" the lotus and get the lotus sale $ amount subtracted from the new car deal before final tax calculation.
not very common but op can certainly save some sales tax in Canada. not sure if dealer will charge potential buyer service fees /"reconditioning fees" as a middle man. no i do not trust dealers one bit.

anyways, does it mean I can list my final edition exige for over 79k CAD? very tempting
[/QUOT
This is a 2011 Lotus Elise SC Final Edition Chrome Orange #10 out of 15 cars and one of only three cars in Canada. Asking $79,000 CAN

The car has roughly 26,100 miles / 42,000KM. First owner and only driver never went to the race track, never had an accident and all work done at a dealer. Except for the air filter which is now a K&N this car is all original and all service recalls done.

More Info
Lotus-tune mid-engine Toyota-sourced supercharged engine extremely reliable.
220 horsepower supercharged 1.8 Liter, mid-mounted 4-cylinder engine.
6-speed manual close ratio gearbox.
Engine start push button.
Air conditioning.
Yokohama A048 high-performance tires.
Black 5 Y- spoke forged wheels.
Black ProBaxTM sport seats with Alcantara trim.
Sport suspension, springs and dampers.
Bilstein sport pack dampers with Eibach springs.
Torsen (Torque-sensing) Limited Slip Differential.
Black rear diffuser.
Matte Black painted hard top, roll bar cover, transom panel and door mirrors.
Special numbered plaque #10.
Lifestyle Paint Chrome Orange.
StarShield.
Hard top with bag plus Soft top.
Lotus car cover by Lotus perfectly fitted to the body of the Elise.

Note:
This car will be sold through a car dealer Sales Tax, Title, License Fee, Registration Fee etc are additional to the advertised price. Comments are welcomed.
View attachment 1289824 View attachment 1289825 View attachment 1289826 View attachment 1289827 View attachment 1289833 View attachment 1289834 View attachment 1289823 View attachment 1289835 View attachment 1289836 View attachment 1289837
SALE PENDING

·
Administrator
8,283 Posts
Did tis sell? Want it closed?

·
Administrator
8,283 Posts
closed

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.