The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to a local Lotus get together on Saturday at a local Lotus specialty shop that I wasn't even aware was local to me. They do primarily Exige/Elise stuff, but cool guys and anyway, a few local automotive photographers were there and they took a few really cool shots of my car if anyone wants wallpaper. Here you go.
Artie

Attachments

·
Registered
204 Posts
The only way to photograph an Esprit is down low. If you shoot it looking down they always looks awkward (to me). Nice shots.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The shaved side markers look great.
:up:
Thanks, that was one of the first things I did to update the body look. Those school chalkboard eraser sized turn signals just stick out too much in my opinion!

Thanks Guys! I absolutely love the car in Black! It's a different beast altogether. I have a few other car projects coming up in the next couple of weeks, installing a new race built and blueprinted rotary in my FD, and finishing some mods on another FD, but after that is done, I'll be heading to the dyno for some "GO" to match the show, hopefully!:nanner:

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The only way to photograph an Esprit is down low. If you shoot it looking down they always looks awkward (to me). Nice shots.
:shift: Thanks Lucas! I agree! I'm taking some pointers from a few guys that are photographers and learning to build the shot, not "force" the shot! It's an art form!

·
Registered
859 Posts
:up:
Thanks, that was one of the first things I did to update the body look. Those school chalkboard eraser sized turn signals just stick out too much in my opinion!

Thanks Guys! I absolutely love the car in Black! It's a different beast altogether. I have a few other car projects coming up in the next couple of weeks, installing a new race built and blueprinted rotary in my FD, and finishing some mods on another FD, but after that is done, I'll be heading to the dyno for some "GO" to match the show, hopefully!:nanner:
Back in about may or june of 1992, I bought a brand new FD RX-7 R1 (in black of course). What a great car! Those are some incredible vehicles. Prior to buyer the RX, I came very close to buying an '89 Esprit SE (in black :) ) but I figured that the RX would be a better daily driver.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Love my RX, have owned an FD since 1997! Best overall performance car for the dollar I have ever owned! Fast, agile, BEAUTIFUL and sleek!

·
Registered
576 Posts
The shaved side markers look great.
The car looks great also!
Those school chalkboard eraser sized turn signals just stick out too much in my opinion!
Great description, I also hated my sidemarkers. Went a different route. Looks better than the original IMO, and still function, but not as clean as your black beauty.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts