The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm down here visiting friends, staying in Carson City. As punishment for leaving behind the Lotus I have a Ford Fiesta rental car, but that shouldn't prevent me from seeing other exciting cars. Can anyone recommends events, places or meets, preferably Lotus-related, which I should take in while here? Or anyone want to hang out, grab a drink, etc.?

Thanks!

·
Banned
3,239 Posts
Go to the Magic Castle! It’s a once-in-a-lifetime experience. But you have to get an invitation from a magician to get in (invitation only)…this is how you do it. On Hollywood Blvd., across the street from the Grauman’s Chinese Theater there are several magic shops. Go into a shop an ask one of the people that work there for passes to “The Castle”. Beg for them if you have to. I did three times in my life so far. If they are all out, go to the next one down the street until you get one. It is definitely worth it!
The World Famous Hollywood Magic Castle

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
If you have LSS (or stiffer) suspension, be grateful you are not driving it on the LA freeways. Just about shook my fillings out of my teeth driving on those freeways. Second trip I took through California it was an expressed plan to plot a route to avoid LA freeways.

·
Back to the Future, again
6,154 Posts
Magic Castle is a great experience, but bring lots of cash. Food and drinks aren't cheap there and as a guest, it's mandatory to eat and drink or else they will charge your card anyway.

Be glad you are not driving around LA City in a Lotus. You wouldn't really be able to park it anywhere without worrying about the riffraff and most driveways suck for clearance.

Too bad you missed the morning show at the Hospital. 25 Lotuses of all kinds and cool movie cars, including the James Bond remote control BMW 750iL, the original Adam West Batmobile, and the Back to the Future DeLorean w/Mr. Fusion.

Tomorrow morning is Supercar Sunday at Woodland Hills off the 101 Freeway. No dinner planned for tomorrow night (yet, hint hint).

Next Sunday night if you are still around, dinner with the LA and OC Lotus crews at El Segundo's The Counter for custom burgers.

Make sure you check out the Petersen Automotive Museum off La Brea and Wilshire. Also Griffith Park with the Observatory where tons of movies are made. If you are up for it, do a loop around downtown at 3am on a weekend. Tent city, skid row, gangster heaven, etc. are all down there for the brave and adventurous.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, we were up till 4am this morning, so I couldn't make it to the show. Def' will try to check out the Griffith Observatory, that's on our todo list. Thanks :)

·
6,154 Posts
Where is Carson City? Isn't that in Nevada somewhere? That's where John Cusack intercepted Nicholas Cage's Con Air plane.

As for other things to do... maybe you can take a drive up Angeles Crest Highway tomorrow and have brunch at Newcomb's Ranch. There are tons of motorcycles up there but car clubs go for drives up there too. On any given weekend, you will get the Porsche Club, Cobra Club, Viper Club, and Corvette Club there.

If you go Mulholland in Malibu, you might catch the Lamborghini or Ferrari club and sometimes the BMW club. Stop by the lookout on top and watch the parade and maybe even CHP pulling people over. Then you can stop by the Malibu Seafood Market for some fresh and delicious seafood. Neptune's Net up further on Pacific Coast Highway is a Harley hangout.

Sorry... but I am more of a motorcycle guy so I know all the bike stuff and bike nights and biker hangouts more than cars.

·
6,154 Posts
Especially Culver City... the roads there suck! I lived in West LA for 10 years, drove around CC quite a bit. Father's Office is a good little place to go for tons of specialty beers and good burgers, but it gets very packed so arrive early.

You got quite a few members out there by you and they love to eat around that area.

Off the top of my head, you got sb67, ali, alp, d-onion, gstephen and memba in your neck of the woods.

LotusNut, Stale Hotdog, Pray4Mojo and Harix are in my area, which is about 10 minutes east of downtown LA.

·
6,154 Posts
You would rather follow through with your plans than hang out with a bunch of people that you never met and don't know but only happen to own the same make of car which is all you have in common so far? Oh wait....

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You would rather follow through with your plans than hang out with a bunch of people that you never met and don't know but only happen to own the same make of car which is all you have in common so far? Oh wait....
Hahah :) No, if they were all my plans, I'd be doing a lot more car stuff!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts