The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have spare time now that I am working from home and I am getting ready to do an oil change. I hate holding a funnel while I try to pour oil so I designed and 3D printed a threaded funnel for our cars which also fits Lexus and Toyota products. I'll send the .stl file to anyone who wants to print on themselves. I did mine in PLA and it works great.

·
Premium Member
11,571 Posts
Good for you.

Another member just cut the bottom off a used plastic oil container (1 qt). A tiny bit wobbly it, it works well.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I want one. I just went thru the hassle of doing an oil change (I have a lot of free time now) and hate how the oil filler is like 70% blocked and like you said, have to hold the funnel. On my other cars, there is no problem with a normal funnel staying put.

On a side note, i forgot to put my crush washer back on my drain plug and had to take off the belly pan again.. I only lost a few spoon fulls of oil but what a pain..

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
PM me and I will send you the .stl file so you can print it. I know what you mean about our cars not being able to put a standard funnel in because of the cam. Pain in the butt. On the other hand, I have a 2016 Lexus RC and this funnel fits it perfectly also!

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

The correct way to print this. Any material will work, I used PLA for simplicity and it worked great.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
In work!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts