The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am totally new to the lotus world and I have been looking to by an Elise or an Evora. I currently live in Minnesota what is a good state to be looking into for an even nice(ish) car???

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Yea, I definitely wouldn't worry about location specific. Regardless of where you find one you like, just be sure to do your homework. Best to get a PPI done by someone who knows the car and go from there. Nice weather area doesn't necessarily mean better condition. Good luck with your search

·
Registered
194 Posts
I live in Michigan and went from an Exige S to and Evora S. The 2 cars are different so you should drive both and figure out which you want first. Both cars are fantastic to drive. I find the Evora to be more comfortable and practical. I preferred the looks of the Exige but really don't miss the ride.

When I bought the Exige I went to Dallas and drove it back. For the Evora, I had it shipped from Oregon to Michigan. I would have done the drive but I didn't have time. Be prepared to travel/ship if you are picky. Also, if you find a car you like out of town, see if a forum member can take a look at it. I did this when I was hunting for my Exige and it saved me time and money.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Honestly if you're already going in to it with the mindset that you're shipping or driving it back, take what you can get. These aren't exactly common cars that surface often. I'd say you really have no choice but to search nation wide.

I wanted to stay local and even being located in the bay area, arguably the highest concentration of Eliges, I ended up getting mine from AZ.

·
Premium Member
5,195 Posts
Your best bet is a national search to find the color, options, and upgrades you want to find the perfect car for you. I bought mine 3000 miles away.

·
Asst. Helmet Tester
1,229 Posts
The 2 cars are different so you should drive both and figure out which you want first.
Exactly. Not to be a jerk to the OP, but I'm guessing he's not actually all that serious about it.

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
definitely a national search. You might find 20 total in the country at any one time? 10 will be salvage..?

·
Registered
2011 Evora, Persian Blue, 6-speed
551 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah I know you guys think I am not serious but I am legitimately brand new to lotus I never knew they existed until one of my friends let me drive his Elise and I have been fascinated ever since.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts