The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any Elise owners in Leesburg willing to let me spend a few minutes with their car and a tape measure? I recently picked up an Exige S and I'm fitting a soft top. The windshield frame has pockets for the roof stays, but the rear window shroud does not. I need a car from which to take measurements before drilling holes for the rear pockets.

Here's the obligatory image of the new car:

·
Registered
234 Posts
I could come out there, at some point, if nobody else closer speaks up. It's nice to see you got a new car. Couldn't get away from the CO huh?

·
Registered
791 Posts
Smitty, congrats, I happen to drive by this weekend and noticed it sitting in the garage, very nice. Back to the lotus after a small break eh?

Cheers,
N

·
Registered
139 Posts
Exiges > Elises in Leesburg?

Seems that Exiges outnumber Elises in the greater Leesburg area. Of course we are only talking about a handful of cars in total.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I could come out there, at some point, if nobody else closer speaks up. It's nice to see you got a new car. Couldn't get away from the CO huh?
Thanks, if there's no one in town, I'll make it convenient for you and drive to your location.

Smitty, congrats, I happen to drive by this weekend and noticed it sitting in the garage, very nice. Back to the lotus after a small break eh?

Cheers,
N
Thank you, sir. The Porsche has been in the shop since October 10th and it's not expected to be ready until July 17th. I was going crazy driving my truck. The fuel economy combined with Lotus' other attributes made it a no-brainer.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Thank you, sir. The Porsche has been in the shop since October 10th and it's not expected to be ready until July 17th. I was going crazy driving my truck. The fuel economy combined with Lotus' other attributes made it a no-brainer.
Nice, the truck is an SRT8 correct? If so, great acceleration, but I could see how the mileage would start to become a headache.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice, the truck is an SRT8 correct? If so, great acceleration, but I could see how the mileage would start to become a headache.
My truck is a G500. The SRT8 is my wife's. She works from home, so fuel economy isn't an issue. I work in Reston and my truck gets ~11 MPG and the ride is horrible with mud tires on it.

Do you still have an STi?

·
Registered
791 Posts
My truck is a G500. The SRT8 is my wife's. She works from home, so fuel economy isn't an issue. I work in Reston and my truck gets ~11 MPG and the ride is horrible with mud tires on it.

Do you still have an STi?
Oh I see. Ya, that's pretty low MPG's for the MB.

Ya, I still have the STI, test drove the 08, but like mine more. We'll have to go driving on the twisties sometime.

I'm still set on an Exige S too, but I'm waiting to finish editing my upcoming book which is a drain on all levels. Hopefully by late this year the Exige S will happen.

Cheers,
Nawambo (aka Nawar)

·
Registered
247 Posts
Smitty... I might be able to swing by. I had planned on taking a long drive through Loudoun County on Saturday afternoon, but I go through Leesburg on the way so I could probably stop by. Where do you live? Here's my driving route. To get to it, I take the Dulles Greenway to get to Rt. 15 South and then on to Lime Kiln to begin the circuit. Do you live somewhere nearby?

·
Registered
234 Posts
I work in Reston and my truck gets ~11 MPG and the ride is horrible with mud tires on it.
QUOTE]

This makes it easy for me to help you out actually, since I live in Herndon. I'm only a couple minutes from that Target, on the north side of the toll road.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
TimMullen lives in Chantilly which isn't too far, but I'm not sure if he owns an Elise or not...
rotflI pretty much had the first one in the area...

Yep, I'm in Chantilly, and if you have no luck with anyone else, let me know - I should be home this weekend (actually, I'm planning on doing some maintenance on the Elise)...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sorry to register so late in the game here but I figured this would be a good thread to post my first comment in.

I live in Lansdowne and own a white Elise (modified). I am always around and willing to help other Lotus owners out. "Smitty" if you need anything else please feel free to contact me.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks, gentlemen. I appreciate the offers of support.

Last night I met one11driver (Ryan) by happenstance at the Friday night Chick-fil-a car show. It seems that he lives a couple of miles from me. As soon as my inserts for the rear arrive, it'll be easy to swing by his place.

By the way, Ryan has a very nice Elise with a number of modifications. It sounds crazy under acceleration. If you guys want to check some stuff out in person before ordering, he has a fair amount of parts from Sector111 and Esta.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Ryan and I are good friends, we hang out all the time working on our cars. I have an 08 Elise SC, live in Ashburn. I'll probably see you around some time Smitty!

:nanner:

Later,

Steven

1 - 16 of 16 Posts