The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a functional rear wing (aka generates downforce) and front splitter. Prefer a rear wing that will go thru the clam shell and bolt to the trunk base/chassis. Don't want a rear wing that will attach to the stock Exige S location -- that's just way too flexible.

The obvious choice is Sector111:

ReVerie CF Motorsports Rear 1650mm Wing

ReVerie Splitter

But biggest problem I have with these quality units is the price. Basically about $5K. Is there any alternative for functional wing/splitter?

Only alternative I've seen -- and I don't know if it will fit ($400) and will need extensions into chassis:

Pit Universal CF Wing

Would it be a bad idea to go with just the rear wing? Since I seem to have plenty of front end grip and scarey high speed rear end, thinking maybe just the rear wing would balance the car out?

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Rob, Prototype Composites has a front spoiler replacement. Its what I have on my car, he also makes a smooth front undertray for it. Frank (Ronin) has a APR wing on his Elige I believe.

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Brent,

Thanks -- I was look at this APR GTC 300.

I can probably make my own brackets to support to chassis/trunk - big question is what is the distances between supports.

Prototype Composites site appears to be down?

·
Registered
370 Posts
In addition to the S111 rear wing, I'd give a look at the Lotus Sport Motorsport rear wing (that was on the full CF S1 Exige) and I've heard the price is extremely competitive. You'd need to do some work to mount it, but that should be the case with anything. As far as the splitter goes, Prototype Composites makes some great stuff, though I'm somewhat biased as I have a mini-splitter they made. I had to call twice to get in touch with them, but it was worth it. Another option would be to see if you can get the 211 track pack front splitter from Lotus Sport.

Decisions, decisions.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts