The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Can someone recommend an independant mechanic in Orange County, CA for my 05 Elise?
Try Don at Competition Engineering. He worked with Newport and also was the Bemani Supercharger Installer for the US.

He is at the 55 and 405 fwy by the fairground. His number is 949.929.2909 and he would be my first choice in the OC.

I recently had him do the major service on my 06 Exige and as always was very happy with the results.

J

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Try Don at Competition Engineering. He worked with Newport and also was the Bemani Supercharger Installer for the US.

He is at the 55 and 405 fwy by the fairground. His number is 949.929.2909 and he would be my first choice in the OC.

I recently had him do the major service on my 06 Exige and as always was very happy with the results.

J
Thanks, a friend of mine also recommend him :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can't, but i can recommend qais in the southbay 310 200 0022 if you don't find something closer.
Thanks. My wife met Qais at a Lotus meet and keeps telling me to take my car there, but Southbay is not exactly convenient to Huntington Beach :(

·
Registered
396 Posts
There's also Viking Motorsports in Costa Mesa. Car repair, Lotus service in Orange County, California

Harry Appleby is the owner and fantastic factory trained tech.

Cheers,
Kiyoshi
I believe Harry is more experienced in servicing Esprits than the Elise/Exige.

Even though he's not in OC, I'd recommend Qais for non-warranty service. I live in Anaheim Hills and still take my Elise to Qais.

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
I believe Harry is more experienced in servicing Esprits than the Elise/Exige.
True enough... but times are changing and so is Harry. Keep in mind that Harry as well connected with LCU and the factory as any dealer.

Bottomline, there are some good choices... a NICE problem to have!

Cheers,
Kiyoshi

1 - 10 of 10 Posts