The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a short road trip planned to Indianapolis. Originally I was planning on coming down with a friend but he had to drop out last minute.

If anyone is interested in meeting for dinner Tues June 19 in the Indy area please send me a PM.

You can get to check out if I really can put my leg behnid my head.

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Dylan for the tip.

The dress code says men need long sleeves. I'll probably be in shorts and a T-shirt so I guess they'd throw me out.:huh:

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In Indianapolis

I had a full day drive in the Elise. It was very relaxing. I'm now in Indianapolis. The surrounding farm areas were nice to see.

The stretch from Detroit to Toledo was filled with tire debris. I remember seeing a post from an LT member about how some tire debris wiped out the plinth area of his clam. I kept well back of trucks and managed to survive that stretch!

I now appreciate the Canadian roads a whole lot more. It is rare to see any debris on the highways.

Anyways tomorrow night I am attending the Norah Jones concert in town with some friends from Indianapolis.

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Coming back I went north and then through the US on the south side of Lake Erie. The interstate just south of the lake was very smooth and free of debris. I also got to see Niagara Falls on the way home.

It was quite funny. When I stopped in Niagara all the tourists with their cameras turned from looking at the falls to looking at my car. It received tons of attention.

The roadtrip was 1,800 km (1,100 miles) and I got 6.6 L / 100 km which is 35.6 mpg (US). That's amazing for such a fun car.

There was only one "glitch". Late at night after the concert the tire pressure light came on. I drove with the warning light on for about 10 mintues and then decided to inspect the tires. They looked OK. When I got back into the car and restarted it the tire pressure warning light was off and remained so for the rest of the trip.:clap:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts