The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wonder. . . I wonder what it would be like to drive my Lotus Elise at Indy, on the big 4 corner oval? How fast would I go on the straights? Could I go flat out around the turns? Would braking be required? Or just lift a little before the turn? Shifting? Wouldn't it be cool to do a track day there? :popcorn::shift:

2005 Storm Ti, TP, HT (never on)

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts
go to the LOG you'll get a chance. ( although probably not at speed )

·
Registered
82 Posts
You would be able to do the oval in top gear all the way around. No shifting required. I would think you might want to lift a tad pre-turn in. Like many here in Indy I have walked on the banking and slowly driven on it. It is real steep. Much more so than,,say Gateway International (a track I have raced on). I would not think we would have to lift much. Our cars do not have that great a top end.

Matthew

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
I'm picturing doing it with one arm resting on the window sill and the radio blasting.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
indianapolis

Really, that easy? On street tires? I am not so sure that flat out all the way around is possible. I think probably a 10-20% slowing for the turns. Is our handling that much better than the engine?

So, can a regular car do it so easily? What other cars do you think are flat out around Indy? M3? Boxster? Corvette?

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Really, that easy? On street tires? I am not so sure that flat out all the way around is possible. I think probably a 10-20% slowing for the turns. Is our handling that much better than the engine?

So, can a regular car do it so easily? What other cars do you think are flat out around Indy? M3? Boxster? Corvette?

Are you going to the LOG?

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
The annual Lotus Owners Gathering is in Indy this year.

Among other things: concours, dinners, socials, track day, there will be an opportunity to be on the Indy Track, albeit probably just moderate speed parade laps, not all out.

A fair number of people are driving there from all parts of the country, several from Philly or at least going by close enough for you to hook up and caravan.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts