The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
My buddy and I from work go down to SYKART just at the 405/5 interchange south every wednesday night after work. Usually pretty empty and we work on good driving practices. Nice to be in karts in what amounts to a TT race.

The track is nicely balanced, the cars are pretty well balanced and it REALLY rewards good lines and good driving, and REALLY punishes you for bad habits.

·
Registered
606 Posts
.... what kind of lap times are you seeing at SyKart? I dip into the 35's when the stars and moon align but some of the S2000 gang I go with are regularly in the 35's and one guy is in the 34's every time (freak!)
These folks go the 3rd Thursday of every month and the more the merrier
http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=36&t=420073

the only thing that sucks is getting your a$$ kicked by a girl (she's fast, and good looking ;) )

·
Registered
263 Posts
I'm up in the high 35's and low 36's. My buddy runs pretty consistently under 35.5, and dips into the 34's on amazing conditions.

Being TINY helps. I'm totally convinced if I drop my gut, I'll also drop .2-.4 off my laptimes. And people talk about the lotus weight reduction methods!

Probably will stick to our Wed. nights as it's kind of a nice wind down after work. Open track where you can basically work on tactics and lines, just need a built in laptimer ;)

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I enjoy the karts too.

As a fat kid, I try not to get discouraged when a girl beats me. Unless she is 220lbs.

In those carts, it is amazing how much weight matters.

SyKart is fun.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts