The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This weekend at Carolina Motorsport Park I learned how the inertia sensor can stop my car if I go over a rumble strip. I was towed in, figured it out with the help of the owner's manual (!).
OK, I do realize that little things like proper approach speed, position, turn in, etc. etc. can help keep one off a rumble strip (not a mere burm or gator), but this power loss is at best an inconveinence and could be outright dangerous.
Is there a way to bypass the inertia switch? I thought of running lamp cord and putting a doorbell button on the interior to reset it (not really). This happened twice over the weekend, same spot (turn 3). It's a pain to set in the grass while the session goes on, unable to get out to do a simple reset and rejoin the fray.
In the meantime, I slowed a bit and focused on turn in speed and position.

·
Registered
7,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Dave, ScottyB has a good idea there, but not really what I'm concerned with. I want to bypass (eliminate) the inertia switch so that it can not cut power to the fuel pump. I never use the power locks due to their many problems. I just don't want the inertia switch to cut power if I stray onto really bumpy spots on (or almost on) the track.

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
Well, it is a normally on switch in the fuel pump power line. Right?

If so, then just bypass it with a jumper, and you're fuel pump can't be switched off any more.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts