1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Note Guys: just in case you didn't notice, that's for Lotus Cars Ltd UK and not to be confused with Lotus, Ltd. the US club.

Also, the press kit pics of the 111R are outstanding. Made one into my screensaver.

Chris:)

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
zvezdah1 said:
Note Guys: just in case you didn't notice, that's for Lotus Cars Ltd UK and not to be confused with Lotus, Ltd. the US club.

Also, the press kit pics of the 111R are outstanding. Made one into my screensaver.

Chris:)
where are the pictures? i looked at the 3 links but didn't see any pics.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
So does this mean increased volume, economies of scale, blah blah, blah...savings are passed onto US customers as well or are we screwed because of the week dinero? I doubt it. Lucky Euro bastards. :D

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pics on the way!

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
Looks like they dont get the push to start button and stay with the speakers in the same place.

With the dollar doing so badly we are not taking a hit, because the price would increase. I just hope they dont decide to cut US production if demand picks up for Europe and Australia instead since they can make more money on cars sold there.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
huggy bear said:
Lucky Euro bastards. :D
Not necessarily, look at the prices and do the conversion, we're getting off easy, 1300 quid for AC? 2000 quid for Touring? I recognize that a chunk of that is VAT but nonetheless.

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Differences:

Standard car does not include A/C.

Touring Package includes front driving lights. Choice of Alcantara.

Added Old English White as a standard color.

Metallic includes Glacier Blue (Ice Blue?).

No mention of Lifestyle colors. No Bronze. No Krypton Green. No Chrome Orange.

Noted 860kg no options weight that includes a full tank of fuel. That is 1896 pounds less fuel of 70.4 pounds for a "running on fumes" weight of 1825 pounds. Some of that is the not-included A/C. But really?? Is there something wrong with my math?

·
Registered
84 Posts
The "cornering" shot definitely shows a locking gas cap... Will that fit under our gas cap cover?

(nice pictures! thanks for posting)

-Knute

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Knute said:
The "cornering" shot definitely shows a locking gas cap... Will that fit under our gas cap cover?

(nice pictures! thanks for posting)

-Knute
I was told by Nick at the LA Auto Show that the gas cap you see on the cars is not the final version. I did not take that to mean anything else, but perhaps we are getting a locking cap?

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Something is funny about those pics.... That guy is clearly driving on the wrong side of the road. :p

Will our cars have that little "queens award of excellence" emblems on them?

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Groovy. I kind of like it....just not on the side of the car. If it were on the side of the car I'd have to remove it, it would clash with my dixie flag motif I plan to paint on.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Your gonna put SKOAL and REDMAN sponshorship decals there too? FYYI Gunracks do not fit in the elise!

Shame all the press pics aren't of a better color....umm...like ARDENT RED!

Chris:D
The press pics for the 111R are great, don't know why they couldn't have done as well with the US car for the US Elise press kit. Both done by Lotus UK.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts