The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I believe the belt for my supercharger is slipping. When I get hard on the gas I hear a slipping sound and don't have much power. I believe this is about a $500 repair at the Lotus dealer. I was wondering if anyone has done their own? It looks like the belt is in a tough spot and may require a lift. I was hoping that someone might have done a tutorial online but I have not found anything.

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
277 Posts
The aftermarket install threads will be a good resource for you. Here is a link to info on the tensioner pulley.

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f160/vision-function-supercharger-install-thread-70685/index3.html

$500 for the belt replacement is absolutely insane! The belt should be less than $50 from an auto parts store once you know the name brand equivalent.

The tensioner is a pain to get to with the clam on, but it can be done. It reallys helps to have an extra set of hands to replace the belt while the other person puts pressure on the tensioner.

·
Registered
605 Posts
I did my BWR install with the clam on. Just get to the tensioner from underneath.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Thanks. Can I do it without a lift?

Sorry to sound dumb, but what is BWR?
My first supercharger from Blackwatch Racing. I don't have a lift at home just ramps. Take off the undertray and you can get too it with a LONG breaker bar but you must use a six pt socket on the tensioner.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok thanks!!

I just spoke with the dealer and the belt should be here on Tuesday. If they do the install it is about $300-350. I would need to get a six pt socket and some ramps if I wanted to do it myself.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Ok thanks!!

I just spoke with the dealer and the belt should be here on Tuesday. If they do the install it is about $300-350. I would need to get a six pt socket and some ramps if I wanted to do it myself.
And a friend to help out!

·
shay2nak
25,037 Posts
I believe the belt for my supercharger is slipping. When I get hard on the gas I hear a slipping sound and don't have much power. I believe this is about a $500 repair at the Lotus dealer. I was wondering if anyone has done their own? It looks like the belt is in a tough spot and may require a lift. I was hoping that someone might have done a tutorial online but I have not found anything.

Thanks for the help!
EXIGE S?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts