The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
If you are talking about the orange one I believe the owner is a very capable mechanic that I have met a few times around memphis. I actually saw the car once in Arkansas (from a distance) and it looks really good. I know that isn't saying much but I'm implying that I would trust his work. Of course I did notice the car listed as having accident issues on ebay so you may want to check that out first. Probably the reason it has the exige front clam but I'm just guessing. Either way if you do decide to buy I live about 20 minutes away from Cordova so if you aren't local to the area I wouldn't mind swinging by (time permitting) and doing a sanity check for you.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
$25k+ for a car with no performance mods and 60k miles!! . 3" Cracks on the windshield are just waiting for a little pressure, a bad bump, another rock hitting it before they become 10" cracks.
Personally, I think this car is worth less than $21k, judging by other cars I have seen for sale

·
Registered
663 Posts
Does he state why all the bodywork was switched from elise to exige? One would think if all body panels were changed it was either in a pretty serious accident or someone has more money then they know what to do with.

Like stated lots of money for a high mileage car that has all new body clams..... Does look Very nice from the pics.......

·
Registered
51 Posts
Does he state why all the bodywork was switched from elise to exige? One would think if all body panels were changed it was either in a pretty serious accident or someone has more money then they know what to do with.

Like stated lots of money for a high mileage car that has all new body clams..... Does look Very nice from the pics.......
I personally wouldn't buy a car that has been heavily modified (I much prefer to be the one to bastardize my car :D) but if the car belongs to who I think then yes, he enjoys spending money on autos and typically does a top notch job.

·
Registered
246 Posts
$25k+ for a car with no performance mods and 60k miles!! . 3" Cracks on the windshield are just waiting for a little pressure, a bad bump, another rock hitting it before they become 10" cracks.
Personally, I think this car is worth less than $21k, judging by other cars I have seen for sale
And the crack has been there since 23k miles....and hasn't gotten any bigger in 40k miles and 5 years later....I think it's fine...lol. Think what you want. You are already a lotus owner. If you don't like the price then sell yours that cheap.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I saw it too. That many mods makes me nervous. Will I be able to resell? I noticed that there are no bids on it at all..
I don't see how this has that many mods? Its all body panels. Lol. And no one bids on cars on eBay. If they do, it's in the final hour. I've had over 125 emails on this car. And a couple people fighting it out to come first next weekend from pretty far away. I'm ignoring the low ballers. I've owned this car for 14k miles on. I'm the second owner. It was bought for my wife. We split months later. I never knew the car had an accident until I posted it for sale on eBay and got the free report. Obviously it was never anything major because I've never noticed one thing wrong with the car anywhere on it. I bought it from mark starr at lotus of Greenwich back on 2006. I never tagged the car until 2007 because I was avoiding paying taxes on it, but the bank threatened me if I didn't. So when I tagged the car in 07 it had way more miles than the carfax stated. But I never tagged it again after that. I just ran my shop tag. The car is still in my ex wife's name and I didn't want to transfer it to my name. I paid the car off last week and should get the title this week.
I've never had any issues except for the transmission. And it has a brand new one in it now. Not a used one. I drove this car to Dallas, Atlanta, Nashville, st Louis, panama city beach many times. That's where the mileage comes in. I drove it everyday for like 5 years. I've only drove it maybe 3k the past few.

I bought a gallardo last month and that's the only reason I'm selling it now. I really don't want to. But I have two lotus' and it's not very practical having a bunch of cars I never drive anymore.

I didn't post it on this forum because everyone here is a "know it all" and everyone likes to down everything. But looks like it made it here anyways. I've been a member on here ever since it was elisetalk.com. Sorry if I offend anyone.

I'm not going to have a problem getting what I'm asking for the car, so if your looking to lowball me then don't bother. I have two local deals going for 28k. I just stuck it on eBay to see what would come of it. Thanks

·
Registered
246 Posts
The whole body swap was just because I wanted and exige. I bought all the kswap parts, engine, everything. I wasn't going to buy another car just to get a exige when I know my cars history and not some strangers car. I slowly bought all the parts for it on this forum mainly. I just sold all the old parts on eBay just a couple months back. None were damaged. So if you think I did it from some wreck, then no. My front clam did have some small small small damage from normal driving, but not wrecked.

·
Registered
663 Posts
To clarify I know nothing :) .... Car does look quite awesome..... miles wouldn't scare me.... Since body was swapped not due to a accident seems like a solid car.

Wish my rv was paid of.....

·
Registered
86 Posts
Thanks for posting Travis. In light of this thread and the amount I'd be interested in talking. Email or pm if you're still in the market. Thanks

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
I never knew the car had an accident until I posted it for sale on eBay and got the free report. Obviously it was never anything major because I've never noticed one thing wrong with the car anywhere on it.
So....because you didn't notice that means that it couldn't possible have been anything major?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Yes since I have had the entire apart and never seen any signs of damage...that's exactly what I'm saying... I've been a mechanic for 18 years. I'm not just like most of the lotus owners here and just pay others to do everything for them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts