The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tigga, @ Autostyle-Solutions sent me the following e-mail: "we are currently finalizing details for U.S. supply of our products. Hopefully, we will be able to provide details within the next few months. I will post on 'Elisetalk' when details are available."

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Tigga has said that they change in the seals on the US cars (and I assume 04 production euro elises) will have no effect on the autostyle roof fit and seal. I'd be curious if that will be the case.

Chris
PS>Autostyle is highly regarded by a lot of SELOC members.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
zvezdah1 said:
Tigga has said that they change in the seals on the US cars (and I assume 04 production euro elises) will have no effect on the autostyle roof fit and seal. I'd be curious if that will be the case.

Chris
PS>Autostyle is highly regarded by a lot of SELOC members.
-middlemoor mouldings is not!

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Clyde showed me the changes to the seals and I don't see how it would make any difference. It basically added a cup like structure with drainage channels in the seal, where the top of the window meets the windshield. This was a point of potential drippage before and now the water is caught and funnelled away.

There may be other changes, but that is the one that was pointed out to me.

·
Registered
113 Posts
drips?

While the Lotus engineers at the LA show weren't openly critical of the gullwing design, they noted that the seals they had seen to date weren't as effective as they ought to be. Its a neat idea, but apparently not sorted out yet. Maybe the newer versions will be.

If you're looking at designs, an older idea that was done on the 914s was a 'saratoga top', a clear top that worked with the stock sealing system. Might be interesting to try on the Elise....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts