Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
907 Posts
Put one in my 2002 BMW, great product

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
My lexus Turbo Tuner had big problems with those and didnt sell them any longer. :shrug:

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
this would shock me if that was the full story and it was true....ive just never heard of anyone having issues w/innovate products, we use them and sell them all the time and ive never recieved any calls or heard any stories about them failing. This is a product that anyone who sells them stands behind them.

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
I have heard that there was a software glitch a while ago... the website has the latest drivers for the products, and I haven't had any problems. They are the highest rated wide bands around.

·
Registered
723 Posts
We use and stock them as well. Never had an issue.

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
I have one for sale here on the forum... posted today, if it doesn't sell by tonight I'm probably going to install it on my car.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I have heard that there was a software glitch a while ago... the website has the latest drivers for the products, and I haven't had any problems. They are the highest rated wide bands around.
Yeah the issue im talking about was a good 2yrs back. Maybe they have since fixed it.

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
Yeah the issue im talking about was a good 2yrs back. Maybe they have since fixed it.
You are right Bgwilly.

When you open the box, the first thing that they have you do is check the firmware and update if needed.

Oh, by the way... didn't end up installing mine last night, so still available.

·
Registered
566 Posts
I have had issues with my Innovate XD-16 and my LC-1....First off, the XD-16 will not program...When you click the "input" tab on the LM programmer software, it simply crashes. It used to do the same thing with the "color" tab. After a while I was able to get that to work. Checking the innovate forums will show this happens to MANY people. I even called Felipe for tech support and he walked me through, thinking I didnt sniff the chain correctly but got the same results. He wants me to RMA the gauge which is custom mounted in an air vent. He also wanted me to RMA the LC-1, because one day it just stopped working. I fixed it myself by simply reloading the original firmware. I figured he would at least of suggested that before telling me to send the unit back. Turns out the new firmware is buggy as hell and other people are experiencing the same results. Now I'm hesitant to RMA my gauge, it would be a PITA to remove and reinstall, plus I believe it is largely a software issue with LM programmer and the XD-16. I am unable to adjust the LED range or program the gauge to display other inputs due to this. Some people suggest to try different laptops to program the gauge...I have tried two, both times the program crashed when clicking "input".

Any suggestions? I would like to be able to use the product to its full potential but so I've had nothing but headaches.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I honestly cant help you here. We have have only used the actual Innovate software once with the LM-1 and it worked fine. We always use the innovate products as either a gauge or the 0-5v input for other software for data logging. We are always on the dyno using that wideband 95% of the time, but many customers and tuners come w/their own widebands to tune cars here and pretty much all of them use Innovate products but they also either use them as a gauge or use the output for datalogging with different software.

I'll talk to Innovate about it but if there was a known issue like you guys are telling me and they come w/the software/firmware it sounds like they have resolved the issues, hopefully there wont be any problems from here out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts