The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
4,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've been testing various engine mount ideas for a long time and have not yet settled on a solution - until now. We've now found a solution that will meet our needs for dramatically reduced engine rotation AND minimal vibration into the cabin.

We're working with Innovative Mounts who has been building mounts for the sport compact market for over 10 yrs. This kit includes mounts for all 4 locations. Though we considered changing only the front and rear mounts, [email protected] highly discouraged us as they have found this will create more stress on the remaining 2 mounts as well as transmit too much vibration. One of the key features of their PUR bushing is the tapered end design which helps reduce vibration transmission through the attachment points.

Samples of these mounts were shown off at our Paladin Open House and very well received. We will be bringing some to show at the LCS event @ Streets this Wed.

We expect to have these in stock shortly for $400 complete.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Probably not, those are inserts for the front and rear only. These look like full mounts with completely new bushings for all four.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmmm, I just might have to hold off on installing the inserts. Could you be more specific with the time frame? One week? a month?
2-3 weeks max. I think they are worth the wait.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Shinoo, how about selling the mounts in two sets, the front and rear mounts as one set, and the side mounts as the other set? The reason I ask is that I plan on installing the Lotus Sport front and rear mounts, but I'd like to add the IM side mounts. Other folks might be interested in getting the front and rear mounts only.

Keep up the good work, and TIA,

·
Registered
679 Posts
Shinoo, how about selling the mounts in two sets, the front and rear mounts as one set, and the side mounts as the other set? The reason I ask is that I plan on installing the Lotus Sport front and rear mounts, but I'd like to add the IM side mounts. Other folks might be interested in getting the front and rear mounts only.

Keep up the good work, and TIA,
This might be a dumb question but why would you want to buy the Lotus Sport front and rear and then add these for the other 2? You will prob spend more in the end..

·
Registered
744 Posts
This might be a dumb question but why would you want to buy the Lotus Sport front and rear and then add these for the other 2? You will prob spend more in the end..
Because I ordered the Lotus Sport mounts about a month ago. Last I checked, the dealer still hadn't received them, so I may cancel my order. Some folks have probably already installed the LS mounts.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I'll second the request for side mounts only... Those of us that have already taken care of the front + rear (there are a lot now) probably won't want to jump on a complete replacement deal.

That being said, I'd like to reduce cabin vibration...

·
Registered
744 Posts
Which urethane will they use (what stiffness)?

For some background, when I look at the Innovative Mounts website, I see that in other applications they list the stiffness options as:
60A Street (red)
75A track (black)
85A Race (grey)
95A Extreme (red)

The picture shows red, so will they be the 60A or the 95A material? Or will they be offered in more than one stiffness?

Thanks again,

·
Registered
744 Posts
My guess is that they're the 60A Street.

Offers a good compromise between engine rocking and vibration.
Assuming they are, in fact, red, you're probably right. I'm not sure that would be my first choice. I wonder what stiffness the Lotus Sport mounts are?

·
Supporting Vendor
4,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
We are installing 60A. Tim's Exige 'S' will get a kit this week and our Exige will get hooked up next week. We're sticking to a 4 mount kit as it will deliver the best performance. I'll report back next week.

We showed the kit off yesterday at the track. We received some great feedback. Most people were amazed at the quality.

1 - 20 of 128 Posts