The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Stealthy Blackmobile
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,

anybody using Inokinetic CG/GS Shifter Cables?

how they compare with SSC Cables?

Car is on 2007 S2 Exige S220

·
Registered
669 Posts
I have them, they’re good quality, definitely an upgrade from the stock cables, but I have no experience with the SSC cables. I think the challenge is finding someone that has experience with both. You probably can’t go wrong either way. I installed the cables at the same time that I installed the LETSLA and the ShiftR111, the end result was excellent, but I can’t separate out how much each contributed.

HTH, -Ed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
I have the InoKinetic cables and it was a big improvement over the OEM cables; My cables were binding pretty bad though. I can't give you a comparison since I don't have any experience with new OEM cables or the other cable set you mentioned. I also replaced the shift assembly with the InoKinetic one and added the LETSLA linkage at the transmission at the same time. My opinion is this combination gives very acceptable shift performance and feel now. Best regards...

·
Registered
669 Posts
I have them, they’re good quality, definitely an upgrade from the stock cables, but I have no experience with the SSC cables. I think the challenge is finding someone that has experience with both. You probably can’t go wrong either way. I installed the cables at the same time that I installed the LETSLA and the ShiftR111, the end result was excellent, but I can’t separate out how much each contributed.

HTH, -Ed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I should qualify my "end result was excellent" comment, because the shift quality is still highly dependent on the transmission itself (the one component I didn't change). By watching the motion at the transmission while the shift lever was wiggled while in gear, I could tell that most or all of the remaining slop at the shifter was due to internal slop within the transmission.

-Ed

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
I've driven both and I think the inokinetic cables were better, but like was just said above, it depends so much on the transmission and the cable routing that its harder to compare then you would think.

·
Stealthy Blackmobile
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for all da responses guys!

I've driven both and I think the inokinetic cables were better, but like was just said above, it depends so much on the transmission and the cable routing that its harder to compare then you would think.
hi kfennell, how you compare inokinetic cables vs ssc cables?

and what makes you say the inokinetic ones are better? in which sense?

plssssssssss reply shortly!

·
Parts Finder
238 Posts
I went with the InoKinetic shifter and stock cables and feel shifting is good. Even after have car at track for 4 hours.

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
I installed the same with exactly the same results. Marked improvements however which for now, I am satisfied with.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts