The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Issue: flying rocks on freeway hit the car's nose yesterday. Already had some rock chips but these were big and right on top of the clam. (gravel on freeway flung up by car in front of us)

While I am thrilled USAA is repainting the front of the car -and hopefully, side panels -they're listing this a "collision with a moving object."

I bought the car from Rob at Dietsch Werks in SJ and it had already been in a minor wreck that they repaired completely (rear-ended at stoplight). The car has a clean title but will show an event from the previous owner's claim. Now it'll show another claim.

Did I just decrease the value of the car by having another claim? I plan to take pictures of the "before," and add them to my somewhat meticulous folder of records. I just hate that I'll have a story to any potential buyer in the future.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Your car was already out of the "100% clean never touched no CarFax accidents" market. Especially because of the meticulous documentation, I doubt it'll hurt much.

Besides, what's done is done. Why worry? Drive the car!

·
Addict
2007 Lotus Exige S
1,589 Posts
Your car was already out of the "100% clean never touched no CarFax accidents" market. Especially because of the meticulous documentation, I doubt it'll hurt much.

Besides, what's done is done. Why worry? Drive the car!
Exactly. If the car is repaired well you should be fine, I’d suggest photos of the damage being repaired as some will ask to see that if you sell. This incident doesn’t sound like it would be a deal breaker; those looking for a perfect car would already pass based on the first repair.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Might as well get into Scrapbooking.

But seriously.....as a car guy...I look for someone who has all documentation of services and if a seller had pics and a detailed explanation...I wouldn't worry.

I mean 'Sheet happens'

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, guys. I'll take more pics and keep them on file with the body shop repair receipts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.