61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
glacier blue???

·
Registered
912 Posts
Can't be Glacier Blue. That's an old color. Since it's metallic, that rules out Old English White. The Lifestyle colors have pearl in them, although it's pretty hard to tell from the plain metallic. Perhaps on the car you could see that it is pearl more easily than the chip chart?

·
Registered
407 Posts
It could be a Pearl White and fall under the Metallic grouping - like Bordeaux Red Pearl.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Based on the currently available colors in US & EU, and the basic colors of the color wheel, Lotus appear to have covered most of the color spectrum with light, medium and dark shades:

Black/Grey/Silver: - Black, Starlight, Graphite, Gunmetal, Storm, Silver & Arctic.

Reds: Bordeaux, Ruby, Calypso, Ardent

Blues: Nightfall, Cobalt, Magnetic, Lazer, Ice

Yellows: Saffron, Lightning

Greens: British, Aqua

Oranges: Lava, Chrome

Gold/Bronze: Aztec

Whites: Quartz

Purples: Aubergine

Since Bill said it's a totally new color and metallic, I don't see how it could be a White, Yellow, Orange, Black or yet another Silver. Reds and Blues are already well covered. Gold would be an option but I think it would look totally out of place on the Elise.

My bet would be on a metallic mint green analogous to the ice blue, or a metallic lilac :huh:

·
Registered
279 Posts
peck555 said:
Great story...makes me want to go to the U.K. right freaking now :D :cool: :) :clap: :bow:
Hethel, I'm coming!
I just booked the last available seat for Oct 30, 2004:cool:.

Hopefully, you'll have an extensive report of the all-day Driving course event to enjoy by the first week of November, plus some pics of the event.

For those who'd like to attend a one-day driving course at Lotus premises, with Lotus professional drivers as instructors, the following event are scheduled for November (these events are THE last for 2004!)

* Scare Yourself Sensible - Saturday 13th November. It includes:
1) A safety and circuit driving briefing
2) 2 sessions of full track driving (if it's the extended one, otherwise it's one
3) A giant slalom course
4) 2 High speed passenger laps
5) A presentation of your certificate

(I think that the Scare Yourself Sensible event is mostily oriented towards European drivers, because it's rather short in duration and not really worth flying across the Atlantic just to scare yourself:D :D )

* Lotus Driver Training - Saturday 20th November
(Full-day event, 4 persons/instructor).
It includes:
1) Vehicle Control Activities:
* Understeer / Oversteer training
* Slalom Course
* Braking Activities
The group will be split into 3 groups of 4 and undertake these fantastic activities, putting your driving skills to the limit and beyond. You won't look at your car and driving quite the same having completed these training exercises.
2) Lunch is also included.
3) Following lunch, you'll engage in Circuit Driving and will put your newly acquired skills and confidence gained in the morning to the test with 2 track driving sessions.
4) Demonstration Rides, given by your instructor for the day
5) Prizes and certificates given.

All activities are in Series 2 Elise under full instruction from the Lotus Team.

If you'd like further information or to book yourself a place, please contact Lisa Hartgrove:
Tel: +44 1953 608254
e-mail: [email protected]

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
theob said:
Hethel, I'm coming!
I just booked the last available seat for Oct 30, 2004:cool:.
Cool, I'll be there too, but I don't think I'll be able to outdo this write up. :)

If anyone else here is attending the event, let me know if you want to meet at a pub or something either the night before or after to chat about loti.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Evl said:
If anyone else here is attending the event, let me know if you want to meet at a pub or something either the night before or after to chat about loti.
Don't have too many the night before:)

Alistair told us about some guy that was a bit worse for wear the day of the event and he did not enjoy going round in circles on the skid pad :drool: he spent the rest of the day in the lounge :eek:

I don't think he got his moneys worth...

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Patricko said:
Don't have too many the night before:)

Alistair told us about some guy that was a bit worse for wear the day of the event and he did not enjoy going round in circles on the skid pad :drool: he spent the rest of the day in the lounge :eek:

I don't think he got his moneys worth...
Hehe, I'll keep that in mind.

61 - 71 of 71 Posts