The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lotus screwed up my interior. I ordered the base car with standard interior. They delivered a base car with standard interior PLUS CARPET. Note the manual window cranks, base (black) stereo and cloth seats.

I was offended. I want my car as pure and basic as possible. So what you see is my car after I ripped out the capet. The carpet on the side was fastened with velcro and sliped under the rail visible in pics 5 & 6.

My problem is that base cars don't have the rail and the rail is riveted to the monocoque. What should I do with rivet holes when get rid of the rail. Majorbonr suggested filling the holes with screws that match the ones on the door.

The rear part of the center console is riveted over the carpet behind the seat. I cut it as best I could but you can see a little carpet patch in pic 7.

What should I do?

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I don't think the rails look that bad but was just wandering:
Why did you cut the carpet from the back? no one can see it. It seems to me that you probably got most of the sound insulation that comes with the touring pack as well. What does your soft top look like? does it have a velvet liner? Anyway its all minor stuff and the car looks great! Congrats

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
NtflBlueLiz said:
I don't think the rails look that bad but was just wandering:
Why did you cut the carpet from the back? no one can see it. It seems to me that you probably got most of the sound insulation that comes with the touring pack as well. What does your soft top look like? does it have a velvet liner? Anyway its all minor stuff and the car looks great! Congrats
Part of it is principle, I just don't want carpet, even behind the seats. There was even carpet under the seat.

The top is very thin and and the inside feels like the outside so I think it is the base top. Unless there is hidden insulation somewhere I think my car has a base interior now.

So based on everyone's feedback I am leaning towards leaving the rail.

·
Registered
648 Posts
yours looks loads tidier than mine does. i've ripped everything out, sod the look afterwards. looks awful now but i'm not concerned about the look. just finding every last scrap of extra weight saving i can... get rid of that passenger footrest, it's stuck on with velcro... :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts