The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since there were NO Laser Blue cars at Barber and NO dealers seem to be getting Laser Blue, I'm wondering if Laser Blue cars will be pushed back even farther then the already pushed back dates.

Anybody have any insight????

I'm Laser Blue in 2nd order group.....

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
I am #8 at the San Francisco dealership. Originally my delivery date was early July. Last month when I changed my color to Laser Blue the dealer told me to expect to wait approx two more weeks for the car.. Mid to late July, No problem!! Hoping at this point that the estimates are pretty close to being accurate.

Laser Blue/LSS only.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
perryeyges said:
I am #8 at the San Francisco dealership. Originally my delivery date was early July. Last month when I changed my color to Laser Blue the dealer told me to expect to wait approx two more weeks for the car.. Mid to late July, No problem!! Hoping at this point that the estimates are pretty close to being accurate.

Laser Blue/LSS only.
My guess is, your dealer just mentioned the two weeks which would have been true regardless of color.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I ordered Laser Blue also, and no mention has been made that color will impact delivery.

I would assume the reason no LB cars were at Barber or ordered by the dealers is that I heard Laser Blue would be offered for a short period of time and then "retired". Lotus would not want a LB car on the cover of some magazine and then have a bunch of people say they want that color! Same with dealers, if they have a LB demo, they may not be able to get the customer a car in that color. No one would be happy.

·
Registered
64 Posts
fredg said:
the soft top on this laser blue is different from the ones I believe will come on the Fed Elise, what is the diference? is one the older roof style? aftermarket? or what?

Thanks
it is a 2001 model, with the old long roof. The roof was changed in MY 2003. I like the old style more. Because it doesn´t make as much noise. But it takes longer to take it off.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
ex-M3 said:
I ordered Laser Blue also, and no mention has been made that color will impact delivery.

I would assume the reason no LB cars were at Barber or ordered by the dealers is that I heard Laser Blue would be offered for a short period of time and then "retired". Lotus would not want a LB car on the cover of some magazine and then have a bunch of people say they want that color! Same with dealers, if they have a LB demo, they may not be able to get the customer a car in that color. No one would be happy.
Ex,

I heard the same thing. Lotus will be fazing out Laser Blue sometime this year and it will only be offered for a limited time. Hey it will really be a limited color here in the US for sure.

Best Wishes,
Mitch

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
what are you guys going to do if Lotus decides to send Magnetic instead? I wouldn't put it past them to discontinue the Laser color before it even came here.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
zvezdah1 said:
Ridge,
They wouldn't do that before having the dealer contact the customer about what color they want in place.
Chris
I've already been informed that, since Saffron will not be coming here, a decision must be made by me for either Schoolbus or Taxi-cab yellow as a replacement. Hmmm, it's a tough decision. I think I'll wait until I see
what Randy decides on.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Ridgemanron said:
what are you guys going to do if Lotus decides to send Magnetic instead? I wouldn't put it past them to discontinue the Laser color before it even came here.
As long as it is not Aztec Bronze, no problem! I just want a car. My daughter would love if they substituted Krypton Green. I on the other hand would not be as thrilled (cool color to look at, just could not see owning one!)

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
I really like lazer blue, thats the original S2 show car color i think... well it looks great! along with CO, and krypton, and yellow, and burgandy, and magnetic, and....

hey maybe i can beg for chrome yellow!!!!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts