The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I would like to temporarily remove the short rubber hose connecting the compression side of the right side turbo to the intake plenum.

By removing the boot floor, I have clear access; problem I'm anticipating is the pipe coming from the turbo is obviously metal, ie rigid, and I'm assuming the pipe is rigidly mounted which means no flex to the pipe; the hose is about 3" long, so limited flex there; and of course the short pipe leading into the plenum is rigid. So, how easy is it to remove the hose with no "give" (deflection)? Do I loosen both clamps and slide the hose left or right? Seems unlikely.... Do I need to loosen the mount on the pipe coming from the turbo? Trying to keep this project simple.

Thanks in advance

'98 V8/TT

Attachments

·
Registered
744 Posts
i hate to tell you but yes, their is no room to take that short black hose unless you completely take the short pipe leading to the turbo. Very little movement at the hose.

If you have a plan of putting an HKS BOV in the future, maybe that's the time to completely remove the two intake pipe and check for the oil.
The one you are trying to take out is the top one, there are 10mm bolts holding that intake plenum.
http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/8630/picture006so.jpg
The jets are for methanol/water injection.

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Excellent answer, or at least consistent with my imagination...

BOV, water injection.... Hmmmm... I was actually noodling the idea of a snow performance stage 2 or 3 kit; never seriously considered a BOV given the low pressures on the compression side. But, what the heck. If I'm going to remove the charge pipes for an inspection... I mean they're already out and kinda ready for mods, right? Why not do all three. Inspect, BOV, inject...

Thanks for confirmation on the level of difficulty.

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:clap:
Yes, that worked just peachy :bow:

The intake passage looks very clean, I even crimped a paper towel wad on a "claw", inserted it into the aperture, swirled it around and it came out with a yellow orange sport or two. No blackness, smudge whatsoever.

Pictures to come
I'm sort of scratching my head over this at the moment. I'm thinking nothing is out of sorts with the turbo. I'll keep digging

Thanks for the support, guidance

Oh, I also ran a dewalt remote camera inside the port. Looks ok

1 - 6 of 6 Posts