The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!
Trying to beat a Porsche Cayman with my lotus Elise racecar on an instagram poll! Please help my aubergine Elise “ josephine” beat this base cayman. Vote top! Lotus
thank you
Joe
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

·
Premium Member
3,027 Posts
Doesn’t look like a base Cayman.

·
Registered
2005 Saffron Yellow Lotus Elise; 2008 Porsche Cayman S Porsche Design Edition 1: 2011 Audi S4 Manual
291 Posts
Doesn’t look like a base Cayman.
Nope. It is a 2008 Cayman S Porsche Design Edition 1.

Both cars are a ton of fun, but quite different obviously. The Cayman is very sporty but almost feels like a GT car in terms of comfort and the ability to swallow tons of luggage for a weekend getaway. My wife likes that one better, partly because it is so much easier to get into and out of! 🤣

·
Registered
113 Posts
I sold my 2012 Cayman S to free up room for my Elise. Yes, the Cayman was a very capable car but the Elise is way more fun. The difference in road feel between the two is huge and I like the rawness of the Lotus. I also like the simplicity of the powertrain. The direct injection flat 6, while nowhere near as complex as the new turbo cars, still has many more "bits" than the Toyota 2zz engine. Agreed the Elise is not the touring car that the Cayman is but I have other choices in that regard. No regrets in letting the Cayman go and stepping up with the Elise !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts