The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Very pleased with a super fast shipping from when I ordered my Greg's racing parts stereo carbon fiber surround.

however, the clips on how it mounts appear different. Has anyone installed this? I'm having a terrible time trying to remove the stock Factory metal clips. But even without the clips, it seems the Greg's racing parts carbon fiber Clips are too big to fit into the OEM holes around the stereo.

Has anyone else installed this? Why am I such an idiot with something this simple. Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Gregs left, oem right

·
Registered
235 Posts
take a pic looking head on a both the GRP clips and the OEM ones.

I believe those female metal retaining clips on the OEM one should be removed and go back in the slots in the dash. You just happened to pull them out with the surround piece's male clips when you pulled it.

Sometimes you have to get creative with GRP's (and pretty much most CF molded parts for all cars) CF dash pieces and figure it out. I had to modify the GRP CF S1 shifter surround a decent bit but a little ingenuity made it work great.

Also, you can ask @GregsRaceParts via email and he'll try and help you out with install info on many of his parts if he knows it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts