The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has been covered before, but I just want to make certain that I got this right.
To delete the drivers airbag so there will be no warning light on the dash, I need to insert the 2 ends of a 2.2ohm 1/2w resistor into the 2 holes in the plug that should be plugged into the airbag, that way simulating the connection is made to the airbag.
Please see picture below.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Correct. I ordered a pack and only needed one. Do you want one?
To add to your installation instructions, add a step to put some heat shrink tubing on to secure it in place.
Fred

Reactions: jhentr

·
Premium Member
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Correct. I ordered a pack and only needed one. Do you want one?
To add to your installation instructions, add a step to put some heat shrink tubing on to secure it in place.
Fred View attachment 1264424
Thanks for the offer, but I am all the way up in Canada, I can probably get one locally for a less than postage.😁(y)

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Okay, just offered so that you would not have to order 10 from Amazon, like I did! If anyone else is interested, my offer stands for them too. I have 9 more that I will probably never use!

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Hey CRG53, I’m not sure where in Canada you are but I’m in the west end of the GTA and I’m doing the same project soon. If you have a spare resistor I’d be happy to drop by and pay you for one. Let me know if it’s possible. Thanks

·
Premium Member
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey CRG53, I’m not sure where in Canada you are but I’m in the west end of the GTA and I’m doing the same project soon. If you have a spare resistor I’d be happy to drop by and pay you for one. Let me know if it’s possible. Thanks
Hi Gokart, I am on Vancouver Island, long way from you :), but I will be happy to put one in an envelope and mail it to you. It will be about a week before that could happen, but if you give me your address, I will send it off as soon as I get them.

Reactions: 17sd and Kubera
1 - 7 of 7 Posts