The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

This only takes a few minutes, I'm showing detail pictures just because...

You will need:

- Your original plastic fuel filter / fuel pump assembly,
- a Walbro 255 lph fuel pump,
- a Walbro "pigtail" harness,
- two fuel filter foam sleeves (3/4" each),
- an RLS WalbroCap(TM),
- a dab of silicone (do NOT use petroleum jelly).

Optional:

- a new sock filter

Remove the sock filter from your original fuel pump by gently prying off the circular clip. I recommend using a NEW CLIP to install the sock filter on your new pump.

Remove the white plastic and black rubber parts from your original fuel pump and place onto the new fuel pump.

Lubricate the black rubber part and the OUTSIDE of the foam sleeve as shown.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)

This step has a trick:

Slide the fuel pump into the fuel filter / pump assembly, but not all of the way in.

Place the second foam sleeve onto the end of the new fuel filter, a bit further than it will end up (see photo). Lubricate the OUTSIDE of the foam sleeve with silicone grease.

Now, concentrate on getting the foam sleeve to slip into the end of the fuel filter / pump assembly as you are also pushing the fuel pump in. Make sure that it is indexed correctly so that the fuel pump outlet centers into the receptacle on the housing.

You may need to GENTLY nudge the foam sleeve down enough to be flush with the top, using a thin screwdriver.

Place the sock filter onto the new pump, and use a NEW circular clip to retain it.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

Now, take the filter cushion and place it over the end of the pump: it only fits one way correctly.

Finally, align the RLS WalbroCap(TM) and pop it into place.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If anyone needs part #'s feel free to e-mail. I have: the Walbro pumps, pigtail harnesses, foam sleeves and RLS WalbroCaps.

I have sources for the other parts if you would like a new sock filter, etc.

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
P.S. if you only need the foam sleeve(s), e-mail me… my cost is < $2.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts