The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just finished Installing my new 2 Piece rotors from Eliseparts.com and Pagid Blue brake pads from rennstore.com. While I was at it I painted the calipers black. On the front calipers after painting them I let them dry for about a hour and then used a file to remove the paint off of the Lotus lettering and lines to the point where they were a little shiny and then clear coated them. I've done this before on a few RX-7's and the calipers stayed beautiful for years. Before anyone asks I did weigh them, however my digital scale seems to round to the nearest Lb on anything under 20lbs. :shrug: It showed 12lbs each for the stock and also for the eliseparts rotors, so I'm not sure if there was any weight savings. Here are a few pic's

Fronts

Rear

·
Registered
139 Posts
Looks great. How much did the rotors cost? I recently bought Disc Noirs from Sector 111. They were cheaper than the original equipment rip-off's but they felt no different at Laguna and Infineon.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
These rotors are 13oz lighter than stock rotors that are about half of the way to the minimum wear spec.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts