The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
What are the vibrations like? Will you be at dinner today?
Just saw this. Will try to come to a dinner one of these weeks...Thursdays are typically hard. Definitely want to swap rides and see whether the extra vibes are worth the tradeoff. I will say that the way the car drives with 3 out of 4 mounts replaced in my car is just awesome; I will probably do the 4th mount soon.

In my car, the most vibration is not really at idle, but slightly above idle when you are first taking off. Think mild massage chair. Reminded me of driving one of those gas engined go karts. But then 3000rpm and above, it's not really an issue of vibration. There are a few rattles in my car at 3250rpm. Car is also a bit louder b/c all the surfaces vibrating are like big speaker cones.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Great write up! I too hate how the mushy stock mounts make the engine shift its weight back and forth whenever letting off the gas (even smoothly). I do not think anyone has written a review yet after extended use with manly's mounts, so thanks!

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
I got mine last week and will be installing them tomorrow while I take a break for my SC install until some hardware arrives that I need.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
What color mounts did you guys receive?

I put mine in a year or so ago and they were red. DocJay just got some and his were black, wonder if there is a difference?

Also note that they might vibrate more during the first 100 miles or so and then they seemed to settle in. Mine felt this way at least. Also, I had a car with the innovative 4 mount set and it would make your teeth rattle... probably didn't help that the car had Reverie CF seats w/out padding!

·
Registered
356 Posts
Where are people buying these from? I type "Many Motor Mounts" into google, and can't seem to find a product specifically by this name.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
I put mine in a year or so ago and they were red. DocJay just got some and his were black, wonder if there is a difference?

Also note that they might vibrate more during the first 100 miles or so and then they seemed to settle in. Mine felt this way at least.
I'm hoping mine settle in...been installed for about 50 miles. The vibes are almost more than I can handle. Even the rear view mirror shakes to the point it's hard to see clearly. It's also still cold here in Ohio so that may add to the stiffness. Has anyone tried using only one set on front or rear?

BTW the different colors are purely aesthetic.

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
I'm hoping mine settle in...been installed for about 50 miles. The vibes are almost more than I can handle. Even the rear view mirror shakes to the point it's hard to see clearly. It's also still cold here in Ohio so that may add to the stiffness. Has anyone tried using only one set on front or rear?
I've had mine in for awhile, barely even notice them now. Outside air temp may have an effect, especially if it's particularly cold out.

You may want to double-check your install, that sounds like too much vibration. I wouldn't recommend only one, as you'll have one mount "stiff" and the other sloppy which could lead to odd movement.

What color mounts did you guys receive?

Also note that they might vibrate more during the first 100 miles or so and then they seemed to settle in. Mine felt this way at least. Also, I had a car with the innovative 4 mount set and it would make your teeth rattle... probably didn't help that the car had Reverie CF seats w/out padding!
I chose the red back when I ordered, there is no difference. The Innovative mounts do have a difference with each color, however.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
You may want to double-check your install, that sounds like too much vibration.
I have the car torn down now for BOE 310 install, and all looks well with them. Double-checked torques too...they are as easy as it gets to install. Got to believe the 30-40F ambient isn't helping, so going to leave them on until summer anyway.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
I ordered the red ones there was a choice of red or black but no different.

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Probably 1 - 2 hours. Check the link above for the install instructions, and it depends on how mechanically inclined you are.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Just ordered mine!
Have you received yours, yet?
I ordered one a few days ago but nothing, yet. No communication from the seller. :confused:

Update: Just got a confirmation from the seller. :nanner:
"Yes payment was recieved. Your package will go out either monday or tuesday at the latest. I will email you shipping confirmation once they are shipped. Thank you
Manly"

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Have you received yours, yet?
I ordered one a few days ago but nothing, yet. No communication from the seller. :confused:

Update: Just got a confirmation from the seller. :nanner:
"Yes payment was recieved. Your package will go out either monday or tuesday at the latest. I will email you shipping confirmation once they are shipped. Thank you
Manly"
Did you order through the site? Can you send me his contact info?

·
Premium Member
1,922 Posts
Is there any difference between what Sector111 is offering and the Manly inserts?
Looks like the ones on Sectors site are a tad bit cheaper.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
it took me around 3 hours from starting the car to rolling it off the ramps IIRC. It is pretty easy but some of the bolts are a bit difficult to get to. I used a tiny bit of olive oil to help press in the inserts.

please remember to be carefull as you are blind threading a steel bolt into a relatively soft aluminum piece. I had to do quite a bit of "jiggling" to get everything right.

The vibration isnt that bad, except it is very noticable when pulling away from a stop. The increased vibration excites some of the natural rattles in a lotus.

21 - 40 of 61 Posts