The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
I just bought a rear insert kit, so thanks for the update. Did you have any issues getting the mount back into the bracket after pressing in the rear inserts?

·
V EQLS IR
330 Posts
Did you have any issues getting the mount back into the bracket after pressing in the rear inserts?
I'm interested as well - I have yet to run into anyone that had the crazy squishing that I had from the earlier post on page 1:
http://i.imgur.com/oG3CJaj.png

I contacted Powerflex to see if they had any thoughts but they never got back to me, so i'm running just the front insert which is not exactly ideal :(

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
I'm interested as well - I have yet to run into anyone that had the crazy squishing that I had from the earlier post on page 1:
http://i.imgur.com/oG3CJaj.png
(
nearly 4 years later my rear insert flairs out similar to yours Kris... kinda always has, but nothing severe enough to negatively effect the advantages (suppose i'm curious as to how the rear 'manly' inserts seat compared to the 'powerflex')

over that span I haven't really notice a difference in vibrations/cabin noise, but it certainly has crispened up the shifting (by obvious design)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Noticed both the vibration and the drastically improved shift accuracy after adding SportInserts.

(Both are positive qualities in my mind)

·
Registered
407 Posts
was looking at these, seems like a bargain for $50. How difficult is the install? can it be done DIY with a floor jack and hand tools?

·
Supporting Vendor
4,171 Posts
was looking at these, seems like a bargain for $50. How difficult is the install? can it be done DIY with a floor jack and hand tools?
Yes, you can but it easier with a lift. I would say someone with average mechanical skills can do the job.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi all - quick question on this job...re the rear mount inserts.

I’m struggling to get the main 17mm bolt free, despite the nit on other side being removed. The mount itself is entirely off the subframe and it’s loose as you’d expect. Have tried heat, penetrating fluid etc.

Anyone else have this problem & if so what was done to overcome?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hopefully you already figured this out but just in case... I just hammered the main bolt out (used a flat punch to drive it out of the hole). I did it with everything connected to the car. If you already have the whole thing out of the car, try putting it in a vice and just hammering it out. I just took mine off today for a clutch change, the bolts have been in there since about 2014. No problem getting them out, just tapped them with a hammer.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts