The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm am getting a front splitter soon.

Question is... is it okay to install it over my starshield? I don't want to take off my starshield and put it back on all for just a few inches on the front bumper.... front splitter people, help!!

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
i installed my splitter over the starshield. Looks much better. Only thing is I will have to remove the splitter to remove the SS. It's what? 30 seconds?

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i installed my splitter over the starshield. Looks much better. Only thing is I will have to remove the splitter to remove the SS. It's what? 30 seconds?
How did you put your splitter on? Some people recommend double sided tape or screwing it on (scary), what do you suggest is the safest way to put it on so it's secure - but when I take it off to replace SS, it won't break..?

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Wait what? Which splitter are you using that it covers something with starshield? I put a new chin spoiler and splitter on the Exige a few weeks and the thought of starshield never crossed my mind.

·
Premium Member
4,551 Posts
I have the Gut, and put Starshield on it to protect it...then installed it onto the the clam with starshield on it

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
How did you put your splitter on? Some people recommend double sided tape or screwing it on (scary), what do you suggest is the safest way to put it on so it's secure - but when I take it off to replace SS, it won't break..?
Doh, I have an Exige. Mine bolts on. I'm assuming you are putting an aftermarket one on your Elise?

·
Registered
9,294 Posts
I would not recommend using double sided tape for aero bits. Bolt it on.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I'd bolt it on, over the star-shield. What keeps the top edges from rubbing or digging into the paint if you scrape it? Are you going to do anything to keep that from happening?

Can you post pictures once you got it on, especially one showing it from the bottom? I'm curious how it bolts up.

I like the looks of this spoiler but have only seen that one thread with pics.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Bolt-On

My splitter, from EliseParts in the UK, bolts on from the bottom.

I drilled 4 holes in the bottom of the clam and attached the splitter. Bolts face the ground, can't see them. Right over the StarShield.

I wouldn't use tape to attach a splitter or any device/component that has stress put on it (e.g. wind downforce)

Regards,
Wayne

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts