The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a front or back to installing OEM coilovers? I notice there is a notch at the bottom of the round metal end plate
, not sure if this even matters. Thanks!

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
There is not a front or back, and I'd bet they even rotate during use.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
I wondered that too. I've put on a few sets now. I don't think it matters and I think the bottom can even rotate a bit vs. the top so I guess that means it doesn't matter.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow, thanks guys for the replies. I ended just installing with the top sticker facing out. Looked like someone wrote a "B" for back? Any who, sounds like it doesn't matter regaurdless.

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,598 Posts
Why are you installing OEM coilovers?

San

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
I replaced my OEM coilovers at about 100 k miles and was very happy with the "back to new" feeling. Definitely worth it.

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,598 Posts
I’m guessing that @oldmansan was asking why you aren’t installing aftermarket coilovers instead. OEM coilovers don’t get a lot of love on this forum (just an observation).
You are correct.

San

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I’m guessing that @oldmansan was asking why you aren’t installing aftermarket coilovers instead. OEM coilovers don’t get a lot of love on this forum (just an observation).
I figured that... i am on a budget so buying some nearly new oem springs/dampers was a nobrainer for me. I know its hard to fathom that someone would replace oem with oem. :poop:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts