The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to install the Ohlins suspension and the factory instructions for the removal of stock (and reinstallation of aftermarket) suspension state that it is necessary to remove the braking disk? Although that may be, it seems that the fastest way to take off the stock coilover is to simply remove the top and bottom bolts and pull it out? Is this so?

If anybody has an install guide for an Elise aftermarket suspension let me know. I already have a document from Ohlins Sport about mounting the canisters.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Funny thing...I am sitting on the floor in my garage installing Ohlins as well. Didn't someone take pictures of their install?

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
Funny thing...I am sitting on the floor in my garage installing Ohlins as well. Didn't someone take pictures of their install?
Eric's turning into a track junkie !!!!!!!!!!!! rotfl

·
Registered
352 Posts
No need to remove the Disks, I installed the rear reservoirs in the support for the roll bar (you can comfortably adjust the rear compression from the engine bay)

Remember to torque to ~33.2

Hope this Attachment helps, since I also put a track brace, any one feel free to correct my diagram if necesary

Additionally the instructions from factory are just a place to start, here is what I did to further adjust the suspension
http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=949583&postcount=55

Good luck

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts