The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to mount my radar detector on the windshield and run the wire between the wind shield and interior trim. There is plenty of room for the wire--so much room that I can't get the wire to stay in the gap. I'm interested in solutions for keeping the wire in place. Is there some sort of small, stick adhesive I could put in place? 3M's 20sided tape is too big and too white.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
Dum Dum......... ( NOT you..... electrical dum dum )

·
Registered
6,948 Posts
I want to mount my radar detector on the windshield and run the wire between the wind shield and interior trim. There is plenty of room for the wire--so much room that I can't get the wire to stay in the gap. I'm interested in solutions for keeping the wire in place. Is there some sort of small, stick adhesive I could put in place? 3M's 20sided tape is too big and too white.
I just pushed in a few pieces of rubber to secure the wires.
Michael

·
Registered
593 Posts
Here is what i did. Works well and its not permanent. Hope this offers some help

Cut casing off coax.

slice the casing open

wrap the casing around your radar detector wire

Insert wire into car inbetween windshield and pillar.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great idea, Bman. I found some coax lying around and did the same thing. I used adhesive dots to hold each sleeve in place. Easy installation.

·
Registered
480 Posts
You could also use electrical tape, wrap it around the cord the other way, where the sticky part is facing the surface and not the cord (Like how you would put a piece of tape behind a sign you would want to stick to a wall), once you wedge it into the crevice, the sticky of the tape will grab the surface.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts