The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!
181 - 187 of 187 Posts
Paging @Riceburner98

Swapped my lcd to a red one, and stripped the orange off the EL panel, but I'm still unable to reproduce an led ring. If anyone knows where I can get a red or even white led ring, and a white EL panel, I would really appreciate the help. The led ring Riceburner98 did is half the size of normal led rings, and it's proving to be a real pain to replicate. Thanks!

Riceburner98... that is a name I have not heard in a long time. [Obi-wan's voice]

LCD display mod (Approx. $21 +shipping or $11 if you solder your own pins):
1) go to Newhaven 2x16 LCD page (2 x 16 Characters)
2) Pick a color you like and add “-D6” to the product number. (example: NHD-0216K1Z-NSR-FBW-L-D6)
3) Plug and play
I just tried to source an LCD for a 2011, without luck. The 2011 LCDs are different than the earlier ones, are hard to find, and the LCD contrast does not last very long. This from Josh at Atlanta Speedometer.

Does anyone have an updated link to the pdf with the LED ring instructions? The links on this thread have expired.
I literally just asked @darkSol for these the other day and he provided them. So credit to him, see attachment to this post.
Now just to figure out how to make the rings.

Attachments

181 - 187 of 187 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.