The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made up a few extras of these while on vacation this week.. Used to illuminate a set of needles when installed in the Lotus cluster.

Even had a little time to make a quick install document -> LED ring install

They do require soldering onto the cluster circuit board to power them. Wires are pre-tinned for easier soldering, should be easy enough if you've soldered anything before.

Email (my username @ gmail.com) or PM if you'd like one. $25 shipped each. These will probably be all I'll make for a while, they take way longer than you'd think! :)

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
pics would be nice. especially with the intrepid needles. :) I'm having a hard time deciding between red and white.

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
I cant wait!!! I'm interested in a red set! PMed!

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Unfortunately I don't have any more needles to try.. All I have left is a pair of the 'short' Harley needles, but I can't even find them at the moment.. I ordered a few pairs of the longer Harley needles, but they'll be a few days in the mail. I'll light up a pair with the blue LEDs when they show up and see what they look like. I don't have a set of the Intrepid needles either.. I had to curb my needle buying after I decided to use the Harley ones on my car. I actually just chucked the Jetta cluster I had bought, after desoldering all the LEDs of course. :)

If I remember right the Intrepid needles are made of red plastic, so they'd be best with red LEDs. White would probably light them up, but probably not as bright as red. And using red LEDs on white needles (like the Harley ones) ends up being more pink than red.

·
Anthony
604 Posts
Will take a red set! Pm sent.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts