The Lotus Cars Community banner

81 - 89 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
And some miscellaneous work. I decided to go with an S1-style mod to the door, so I will get rid of the huge black plastic handles and go with a pull strap instead.

IMG_4957 (1).jpeg IMG_4958.jpeg IMG_4959 (1).jpeg IMG_5013.jpeg IMG_4995.jpeg

And the first color test!!!

IMG_5092.jpeg

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
And yes, the bandaid from Post 70 is now gone, and I fixed it correctly, haha

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
IMG_5213.jpeg IMG_5216.jpeg

I ran into an issue (some of the primer basically curdled in the can) and couldn't get the last coat on, but it's progress! I can see where the curvature of the repaired section in front of the rear wheel isn't exactly perfect, but I'm happy with it.

·
Administrator
5,042 Posts

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
Looking good! You were bright before even brighter and more unique now!
A guy in a parking lot once made a comment about the orange not being too subtle, and my response was "these cars aren't subtle, whatever color they are!" In my mind, it is like a small wing. No sense in being apologetic about it - have fun and don't hold back!

The picture makes it look a little "mint green" which it really isn't. It is the green from the "Seinfeld Exige", but I am running a 2010+ style Exige front end with removed turn signals, side markers, seams, and fake rear grills. Looking at some of the pictures of this car, the paint can fall flat when photographed, but this one is a good capture of how mine is turning out:

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
Figured I'd keep this updated. I haven't been able to find any free time the last couple months, and deciding to mod my daily hasn't helped with that either, haha. I just now need to finish sanding the primed doors, trunk, and hinge covers before I can paint those and install them, then onto the front clam, splitter, and access panels. I'm not looking forward to putting the guts of the doors back together...

IMG_5591.jpeg IMG_5609.jpeg

·
Registered
06 Lotus Exige
57 Posts
Crazy read 😳 I’m with USAA so glad to hear they are a little better to work with.
Kawasaki Green is looking good, looking forward to the glamour shots once everything is set!

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
Crazy read 😳 I’m with USAA so glad to hear they are a little better to work with.
Kawasaki Green is looking good, looking forward to the glamour shots once everything is set!
Yeah, the only complaint was when they hired a third party appraiser, but some mild kicking and screaming resulted in getting a real appraiser. Then it was all fine.

And yeah, I'm really happy with how it is coming out. Even once I get the paint done though, I'll have to deal with a car that has sat for over two years, so I'm not looking forward to that either. But I'm hoping I can actually get it on the road by next summer despite having a second kid in a couple weeks.

81 - 89 of 89 Posts