The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I couldnt find a thread that talked about insurance for these so this is what i have. i thought it was pretty good so i thought i would share:

Geico

$304.20 for 6 months

discounts i receive:
Multi-car
anti lock brakes
anti theft device
5 year good driving

Coverage:

Bodily Injury Liability: $300,000
Each Person: $500,000

Property Damage: $50,000

Uninsured Motorist: $100,000
Each person: $300,000

Under Insured Motorist: $100,000
Each person: $300,000

Comprehensive: $500 deductible

Collision: $500 deductible

I hope this helps

·
Registered
4,240 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i typed in insurance in the search. darn sorry. anyway to just delete it then or move it to the other? sorry. i suck. lol

·
Registered
4,240 Posts

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I got a quote with Geico. Wawanesa was about $600 / year cheaper for a lower deductible. Geico was second best though.

Allstate's quote to me? 5362.00 per year. -eek-

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
no problem Chris, hope your enjoying the car!!!

Allstate's quote to me? 5362.00 per year. -eek-
lol..hows your driving record??

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
One word: Idaho. ;)
Exactly. I'm insuring 2 Lotuses in the heart of Los Angeles (with slighly higher coverages) and I pay about $1500/6 months with Geico. All depends where you live.

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
With all the money they spend on crappy commercials, they can't possibly be the cheapest out there.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
they were for me in idaho. im saving about 30% from old insurance. the deductables are half of what they used to be and the coverage is better

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
they were for me in idaho. im saving about 30% from old insurance. the deductables are half of what they used to be and the coverage is better
That's fantastic. I have them as well here in AZ. My record is tattered with a ticket or 3 and I insure both my cars with them for about $1800/year - same coverages as you. Once they drop off, I am sure it will drop down before I hit 100,000 miles - only 95,100 miles left to go.

Yeah, I bought a bunch of stuff for my Elise too when I first got it. It was all worth it. The Lidbone was awful nifty, the carpets and aluminum circle fasteners also, the shifter re-enforcer and Stan's shifter mod too, and the new JL Audio speakers, and of course Jim Clayton's speaker rings... And taking the interior apart to clean it all and then putting it back together was the most fun I ever had working on a car.

I'm thoroughly enjoying my Lotus experience. Glad to hear you are too! Going for a drive now.
:shift:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts