The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We got some fabulous stickers from Sweet Daddy D - great job Keith:clap:

I called Ameriprise/IDS to make sure it wouldn't jack up the premium too much and they said they couldn't cover the vehicles with advertising. They said it was because they were a low risk carrier.:no:

We are talking three lines of text on a rear window, not a Geek Squad full body wrap.

Anybody got stickers on a regular i.e. non-commercial vehicle? Any recommended insurers that are Ok with stickers?:shrug:

Moderators - please feel free to move this to another forum.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Stickers, yes. Advertising stickers, no.

Would do as you say but in these litigious times, any excuse could be used to deny a claim. They specifically ask when you renew or update your policy if your vehicle has advertising. I never thought too much about it until today :(

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Well what if you buy a car from a Dealership and the Dealership put their own "Advertisement" sticker on the window?

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
its likely because they are insuring you vehicle for personal use, but if you are advertising your business on the vehicle, then they feel the vehicle is now being used for business.
i have the same deal being self employed.
i get killed on my premuim because my personal vehicle is used for business purposes.
my carrier of preferance cannot even cover me on my particular business.

I remember ~20 years ago when i was a dominos pizza guy.
i got hit when a car ran a stop sign.
i told my ins. co. that i was delivering a pizza when _______ happened; they said stop right there, you are not insured if you were using this vehicle for business. thankfully it was not my fault.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts