The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I'm a soon-to-be owner of an elise, and I'm just wondering roughly what you guys are paying for insurance, and who covers you?

I'm in Vancouver BC :clap:

·
Registered
232 Posts
Hey guys,

I'm a soon-to-be owner of an elise, and I'm just wondering roughly what you guys are paying for insurance, and who covers you?

I'm in Vancouver BC :clap:
Pilot Insurance

$1650 :(

Ontario

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i was thinking of narrowing it down to canadian rates

·
Registered
198 Posts
Hello x-macbeth, I'm up in Prince George so my base insurance is a little cheaper then what yours will be but the rest should be the same.
base - $895
collision / $300 deductible -$1464
comprehensive / $300 -deductible - $1485
replacement /collision - $232
replacement / comprehensive - $123
roadstar - $42
? fees - $$$
Total $4465 / year
I have 20+ years safe driving so I get the full 43% discount
My total is $2257 / year
Insurance is high but not much more then my other cars and trucks, but cost of ownership is cheep when you add in tires and gas and repairs( compared to similar priced sports cars )

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hello x-macbeth, I'm up in Prince George so my base insurance is a little cheaper then what yours will be but the rest should be the same.
base - $895
collision / $300 deductible -$1464
comprehensive / $300 -deductible - $1485
replacement /collision - $232
replacement / comprehensive - $123
roadstar - $42
? fees - $$$
Total $4465 / year
I have 20+ years safe driving so I get the full 43% discount
My total is $2257 / year
Insurance is high but not much more then my other cars and trucks, but cost of ownership is cheep when you add in tires and gas and repairs( compared to similar priced sports cars )
Wow, I never realized just how good I have it being on the island until now.

On my Elise I was paying $2300/yr as well and I only have a 15% discount!

·
Registered
134 Posts
$950 Meloche Monex, Newmarket (1/2 hour north of Toronto). 3rd car in a 2 driver home, 10,000km/year, $1000 deductable.

Basically the same as my 2001 Maxima that I commute in every day.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Downtown Toronto, one nasty collision when the car had 1600 KM on it. Rammed by a taxi. Scottish & York, pay about $1700 a year. I have a 15,000 KM limit, in three years have put 11,000 KM on the car. $1500 Deductible. Good Luck!

·
Registered
198 Posts
N8* Being young sucks when it comes to insurance... I pay about $550/month.

ouch -eek-bend over young man

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
WA state in the US, I pay $750/6mo for 2 cars including everything, jacked up minimums, rental, towing, etc... Geico. Elise is insured at a $61k valuation.

·
Registered
100 Posts
anyone else in the GTA? i've called around to a few different companies and so far the most reasonable quote was about the same as CanadianRedline at $1700...
thanks!

·
Registered
310 Posts
My Lotus and Shelby GT Mustang are both insured as collector cars with limited annual mileage (about 4k each car per year) and I pay about 85.00 per month for both. When they are not your daily drivers and you have a couple to spread around the annual 8k miles of fun, the drive time per year is about right for me and I save some cash!

·
Registered
432 Posts
I'm in Mississauga - just got quoted today at RBC for $1235/year. $500 ded. 39 years old with no claims or tickets.

·
Registered
54 Posts
$768.00 in Alberta. Canadain Direct.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts