The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright before I get excited, I want the old sage's advice on this thing. It seems in other contexts (Matrix, Vibe, Celica) this seems to lead to decent horsepower and torque gains.
I realize that the casting of the Elise is slightly different from the other standard forms, being that the Plenum is cast together with the runners on the Elise vs bolted on the more domestic cars.

A: would this even fit the Elise with the bulkhead right up against the manifold
B: would the Elise see any benefit here? It seems that a stock manifold could have a bit of breathing extracted from it given Toyota wasn't aimed at peak revs and peak power.
Thoughts?
C: Or is porting/polishing/matching a stock manifold a better option for getting basically the same benefit?

Also: please don't just suggest supercharging, I like the idea of keeping the car N/A.

·
Administrator
13,524 Posts
You might want to consider a tune unless in Ca. Both BOE and Inokinetic offer NA tunes that help the torque and drop the second cam engagement rpm. You'll probably see more useful power than with just intake mods.

Reactions: Shoustech

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Was planning on the Torque200 tune as well already, thanks for the suggestion. I was thinking that the 200 tune, Blackwatch's throttle body and the plenum might be able to extract a bit more... Again, given that this motor is 2 decades old, I'm somewhat skeptical of someone finally discovering power that was left on the table, that's why I was hoping some of the more experienced folks (@turbophil @fzust @shinoo, and i'm sure I have missed others), might be able to shed some light on their experience on the intake side of the Elige platform.

·
Administrator
13,524 Posts
Better yet read what other members who have it posted. The vast majority are very happy a few aren't and some have issues that could be the result of all mechanicals and sensors not being 100%. Like any product read thru reviews with open mind and you'll be able to come to a conclusion.

Be sure to do all your mods before tune so you can check off all boxes that apply on the tune request form

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This has quickly devolved into a discussion over the Torque 200 which I have read extensively over and followed over the past several years. I was inquiring about the hardware side of the intake manifold (and relative new options in the past year or so), and if those who have spent decades tuning and modifying this platform have thoughts about what there is, and isn't to be gained by increasing airflow.

·
Registered
2005 Ardent Red Elise, Touring Pack
220 Posts
Bump as I'm also curious about this, and in general the most up-to-date info out there about which mods are most worth it to pair with the BOE Torque 200 tune

1 - 6 of 6 Posts