The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
I bought this supercharger setup thinking I wanted to turn my Elise into an Exige. However, I later came to the conclusion the car was plenty quick as-is, and that I wasn't going to be getting around to the project anytime soon. So I'd like to sell what is probably the most complete setup I've seen offered, which includes the supercharger, intake, intercooler, piping, ECU, dipstick tube, alternator, air duct, OEM green injectors, belts, hoses, etc. The only thing I see that is missing is one of the rubber unions for the intercooler piping.

I'm in San Diego, and am happy to show it if you want to see it in person before buying. In-person transaction will have to be cash or crypto (bitcoin or litecoin). I shudder to think what all these parts would cost if purchased individually. Asking $3,100 or best offer.

Currently on ebay, but will pull listing if sold locally.

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,594 Posts
Please post pictures (or a link to pictures) and more details to promote your sale. We don't like links to ebay, etc. per forum rules. Thanks.

1. No for sale threads with just a link to an eBay, Craigslist, or any other site ad. Take the time to actually make a decent for sale thread.

2. Pictures sell items/cars, please post pictures with for sale threads.

3. No "testing waters" threads, no "just wanting to see what I can get" threads, no "feeler" threads. Although it’s acceptable to list an item OBO, or post an item and ask for everyone's best offer.

4. Discussion following the normal rules of the forums welcomed, but no comments on price allowed unless the OP specifically asks for it. Otherwise, take it to PMs.

5. If market place rules are not followed when posting a for sale thread, it will get deleted.

San

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My apologies. I did not intend to violate the rules.

My intercooled supercharger setup was taken from a 2008 Exige with approximately 16,000 miles. Includes everything shown the attached pictures, including the supercharger, intercooler, piping, ECU, dipstick tube, alternator, air duct, OEM green injectors, belts, hoses, etc.

I bought this to put onto my Elise, thinking I would put an Exige rear clamshell on the car, but have decided I like the character of the car as-is, and it is plenty fast. Supercharger spins freely with no binding. The only thing I see missing is one of the rubber hose unions for the intercooler piping.

I'm in San Diego and would prefer a local sale, but I will ship via your preferred method for actual cost of shipping. Due to the bulky nature of this, it will be shipped in multiple packages. I estimate that shipping costs will be about $150-250 for places within the continental United States.

I would like to sell it ASAP, so if you are interested please make an offer!

Post on thread and/or PM me to make arrangements to see.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Nice kit! GLWS

If anyone is curious how to retro-fit this only an N/A 06 Exige, I have a thread on it. Basically bolts on with one or two changes.

I've always wondered about putting this S/C on an Elise, and piping to an intercooler near the passenger wheel well. Could be a very cool project.

Again, GLWS!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That was one thing I was thinking, but it looked like a fairly big project so I figured it would just be easier to find an Exige rear clam. I have an '05 Elise, which has a throttle cable vs. a wire for the later Elise/Exige, so I'd also have to either find someone to do a tune or switch to a drive by wire throttle to use the later ECU. However, as I drove the Elise more, I really began to enjoy it as-is, with the pronounced cam changeover at 6K, and also realized that having more power wouldn't make me enjoy the car any more than I already did, and shelved the project. I'd like to sell it all, and am willing do deal, but if it doesn't sell maybe I do the project someday. Thank you for posting!

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
That was one thing I was thinking, but it looked like a fairly big project so I figured it would just be easier to find an Exige rear clam. I have an '05 Elise, which has a throttle cable vs. a wire for the later Elise/Exige, so I'd also have to either find someone to do a tune or switch to a drive by wire throttle to use the later ECU. However, as I drove the Elise more, I really began to enjoy it as-is, with the pronounced cam changeover at 6K, and also realized that having more power wouldn't make me enjoy the car any more than I already did, and shelved the project. I'd like to sell it all, and am willing do deal, but if it doesn't sell maybe I do the project someday. Thank you for posting!
Phil from BOE remotely tuned my car post installation. Worth a call to him, for you, or the new owner of this setup.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
I am thinking of putting this on my Elise as well... could I use the Radium intercooler with this?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
pkw2704, I'm not sure what shipping would cost, but I'm willing to ship it to you if you want to figure it out. It is listed on ebay, so you could work through ebay to have a comfort factor that I'm not a scammer.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
mattjk, that was one of the things I was thinking about. It may require a different tune, depending upon the intercooler.

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,594 Posts
A belated thanks for making this thread a proper for sale ad with pictures etc.. I appreciate it. GLWS.

San

·
Registered
9 Posts
pkw2704, I'm not sure what shipping would cost, but I'm willing to ship it to you if you want to figure it out. It is listed on ebay, so you could work through ebay to have a comfort factor that I'm not a scammer.
cheers will have a look ,so its all functional and ok,no issues?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I didn't mean to violate the rules previously with the ebay link. I just figured it was useful because people here are dealing at arms-length, and ebay is a good intermediary to mitigate the risk of fraud.

pkw2704, sent you a PM.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts