The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've installed an aftermarket intercooler. I'm currently using a scoop to get air into the intercooler.

I have a 7.5 inch SPAL puller fan on the back of the intercooler.

I'm planning to make an opening towards the back of the scoop to improve airflow.

I'm assuming that airflow over the top of the scoop and to the nsck should create some negative pressure to assist with airflow through the intercooler.

I'm planning on making a Mohawk roof to feed air into the intercooler from the lead edge of the roof.

Any suggestions?

Sent from my LM-Q910 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
There was a suggestion of using a closed horn duct ... To improve airflow . I think that means having a duct at the back of the intercooler which opens upto an exit with progressively greater cross-sectional area ?

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,487 Posts
There was a suggestion of using a closed horn duct ... To improve airflow . I think that means having a duct at the back of the intercooler which opens upto an exit with progressively greater cross-sectional area ?

The Reverie rear carbon hatch I have (BSK design) has a "box" that mates up to the back of the intercooler to pull the air through and then out of the furthermost back of the "box", which is open save for some slats in the back. I can provide pictures later tonight if you'd like.

I don't think the puller fan is going to help much. It may impede the flow of air more than it helps.

San

1 - 6 of 6 Posts