The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the intermediate duct that goes from the rollover hoop/roof to the accordion bellows supposed to be attached to something, mine is just floating around. Didn't notice till I had the bellows off for some work this winter
 

·
Addict
Joined
·
1,243 Posts
Mine is not attached but it seems some are glued or similar. There are tabs in the clam that it fits into to hold well enough.
 

·
Acme Super Moderator The Enforcer
Joined
·
6,622 Posts
Mine is solidly attached with some hardened epoxy goop, probably the same stuff that holds the mesh to the side scoops and rear OEM hatch. If I had to cut through it I'd look for some diamond-encrusted piano wire.

San
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,033 Posts
Bumping this.

Mine recently cane loose and is not rattling everytime I left off the throttle and a bit at idle. Sounds like I will need to glue it back in.
 

·
Acme Super Moderator The Enforcer
Joined
·
6,622 Posts
Bumping this.

Mine recently cane loose and is not rattling everytime I left off the throttle and a bit at idle. Sounds like I will need to glue it back in.
You might be able to secure it with some silicone instead of the epoxy. Worth a try as a the silicone is fairly inexpensive, especially in the caulking gun sizes.
 

·
Addict
Joined
·
1,243 Posts
Mine is not glued, siliconed or any other sticky stuff. It does not rattle if installed correctly and the fact that is comes out easy makes removal of the IC easy. It is a pain to fit correctly but easier than fitting the rubber accordion thing.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When I changed out my intercooler, I pulled it out and replaced the badly bonded stock adhesive with Sikaflex. With the top off I clamped it with some protection for the paint. I think you want to make sure it stays in one place
1254535
 

·
Acme Super Moderator The Enforcer
Joined
·
6,622 Posts
When I changed out my intercooler, I pulled it out and replaced the badly bonded stock adhesive with Sikaflex. With the top off I clamped it with some protection for the paint. I think you want to make sure it stays in one place View attachment 1254535
That's useful. Mine doesn't seem to line up with the opening as well as it should, so I'd like to redo it, but cutting through the stock epoxy doesn't look like it will be fun.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,033 Posts
That's useful. Mine doesn't seem to line up with the opening as well as it should, so I'd like to redo it, but cutting through the stock epoxy doesn't look like it will be fun.
I'm going to use regular silicone sealant after repairing the cracked off piece. Sets up nicely and can be cut through with dental floss if you need to remove it later.

I had recently removed my motor mount inserts because the vibration was becoming tiring... that's when the duct cracked.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top