Discussion Starter #1
Which intercooler should I go with ?

RLS Intercooler or ProAlloy Chargecooler

Are there any pros/cons other than 1 being water cooled

Thanks in Advance

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
On temp days 60s and 70s my IAT with RLS is 80s and 90s. When it get to daily temp of 90s the IAT can get over 100. But the car still is strong, only when IAT gets to 120s and 130s does the performance start to suffer.

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
One isn't susceptible to heat-soak.
They both are susceptible to heat soak eventually. With an A2W, the water heats up and the intercooler looses efficiency. For short durations (drag racing, etc.) an A2W can be a better solution.

A2A never runs out of ambient cooling air because it dumps heat into a continually renewed supply of air. A2A is easier to install, weighs less, isn't prone to leaks, and requires no maintenance.

A2A plus a cooling mist is probably the best of both worlds. I run a very small nozzle externally on the front of my A2A with 50% distilled water / 50% methanol with a nice decrease in IATs. (See data log here: http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f25/really-light-stuff-water-methanol-injection-55666/index2.html#post1104728 )

Another big advantage of the A2A for some is the ability to return a car to stock in about 30 minutes.

Depending on your goals, one solution will be better than the other.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts