The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Lotus Elise, 1988 Toyota MR2 Supercharged
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
TL;DR: Interested in renting a gold, red, and/or white Lotus Elan for a pre-wedding procession in Southeast Michigan on Sunday, September 5, 2021.

My fiancée and I are planning our American-Indian wedding for Sunday, September 5, 2021 in Dearborn, Michigan. It's an Indian wedding tradition for the groom to arrive at the wedding venue on a horse. Considering our wedding venue is on the Ford Motor Company campus, less than a mile from the Jim Clark's 1965 Indianapolis 500-winning Lotus 38 at the Henry Ford Museum, we thought it would be appropriate to substitute the horse with one or two hundred Lotus-Ford horses.

We're interested in renting either a 1962-1973 Lotus Elan in gold, red, and/or white. A convertible is preferred. We would need the car to arrive at the wedding venue by 8:30 AM, COVID-19 and weather permitting. Then, we would need you, a friend, or a family member to drive me in a pre-wedding procession from the north entrance to the south entrance via the parking lot. At the moment, the procession is scheduled for 9:30 AM - 10:00 AM. The rental fee is negotiable. And, if you're interested, I have a 5-speed 1988 Toyota MR2 Supercharged and a 6-speed 2005 Lotus Elise I'd love for you test drive someday before or after the wedding.

If you're interested, please comment or message. I'm looking forward to hearing from fellow Lotus owners and enthusiasts in Southeast Michigan. Thank you!

4e7acc6acf6a5198ed2b1d10ec33ffb4.jpeg Lotus_Elan-2500x1111.jpg

·
Registered
The Blue Meanie - 2006 Polar Blue Elise & Bernice - 2010 Chilli Red Mini Cooper S
950 Posts
TL;DR: Interested in renting a red/gold or white Lotus Elan or Esprit for a pre-wedding procession in Southeast Michigan on Sunday, September 5, 2021.

My fiancée and I are planning our American-Indian wedding for Sunday, September 5, 2021 in Dearborn, Michigan. It is an Indian wedding tradition for the groom to arrive at the wedding venue on a white horse. Considering our wedding venue is on the Ford Motor Company campus, less than a mile from the Jim Clark's 1965 Indianapolis 500-winning Lotus 38 at the Henry Ford Museum, we thought it would be appropriate to substitute the horse with one or two hundred Lotus horses.

We are interested in renting either a 1962-1973 Lotus Elan or a 1976-1987 Lotus Esprit in red/gold or white. A soft top Elan or a hard top Esprit with a sunroof is preferred, but any body style is acceptable. We would need the car to arrive at the wedding venue by 9:00 AM, COVID-19 and weather permitting. Then, we would need you to drive me in a pre-wedding procession from the north entrance to the south entrance via the parking lot. At the moment, the procession is scheduled for 9:15 AM - 9:30 AM. The rental fee is negotiable. And, if you're interested, I have a 5-speed 1988 Toyota MR2 Supercharged and a 6-speed 2005 Lotus Elise I'd love for you test drive someday before or after the wedding.

If you're interested, please comment or message. I'm looking forward to hearing from fellow Lotus owners and enthusiasts in the Midwestern United States. Thank you!

View attachment 1283370 View attachment 1283366 View attachment 1283371 View attachment 1283367
That is ridiculously cool. If I had one, I'd be there. If it do happen, you gotta post some pics here brother. And congrats!

·
Registered
2005 Lotus Elise, 1988 Toyota MR2 Supercharged
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, @Glamrock! I don't know how likely it is someone will be able and willing. But, as they say: "If you don't ask, you'll never know."

My fiancée's suggested we use my 2005 Lotus Elise (Starlight Black Metallic/Red) as our getaway car, so I'll likely be posting photos regardless.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts