1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
This link was posted in one of the FB lotus groups. It was at $30K at that moment (maybe still is as of me posting this) and there was a member wondering if he bid $39K on it, would it be over paying.
To the other members credit, no one laughed at him, but I did chuckle a little bit.

·
Scott M
279 Posts
I feel like that car has had most of its 6k miles on the track from what I see.
Is that based on the ECU dump? I don’t know anything about reading those outputs, but I would swear it looks as though it wasn’t tracked. Frankly, it is almost too “good” to be true.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Is that based on the ECU dump? I don’t know anything about reading those outputs, but I would swear it looks as though it wasn’t tracked. Frankly, it is almost too “good” to be true.
Its got an Engine run time total of only 48hrs. So to have done 6000 miles in 48hrs youve averaged 125 mph.
Which seems super high.
The other times and speeds are super low. Only spent 5 minutes above 150kmh. Which implies the above is optimistic.

ECU dump isnt that accurate though tight?

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,474 Posts
Its got an Engine run time total of only 48hrs. So to have done 6000 miles in 48hrs youve averaged 125 mph.
Which seems super high.
The other times and speeds are super low. Only spent 5 minutes above 150kmh. Which implies the above is optimistic.

ECU dump isnt that accurate though tight?
Might have had a speedometer/odometer replacement.

San

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,474 Posts
At such low running hours would it be more likely the ECU has been reset or replaced?
If its actually 48hrs run time thats only really like 2-3k miles

Or is an ECU dump just inaccurate?
My ECU has been reset (soft reset) and flashed and I don't know if that affects the ECU dump. The ECU dump isn't very accurate from what I've read here on the forum, but it's hard to pick certain numbers that support an opinion and ignore others. Hope that makes sense.

San

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Interesting that the ECU dump shows the hours dont match the miles. I was suspicious that the wear looked high for 6000 miles and that is why I said it looked like all the miles were on track. A decent inspection will show if this is an issue or not, and if the trans still shifts smooth there is no big deal that it was tracked, just the obvious visual things like the stone chips.

·
Registered
954 Posts
ECU dumps are notoriously inaccurate. Many years ago it was touted as the end all be all when shopping for a used Elige. Based on obviously conflicting information time and time again the ECU dump has lost its importance. The information can be interesting, but I would not hang my hat on it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi everyone. This is my car. I purchased it off Lotus Talk 5 years ago from a member in South Carolina. He was an older gentleman who stated that he occasionally tracked the car. He had a lot of cars in his collection and was a true car enthusiast, so I had no reason to question the mileage. This was a bucket list car for me and I happily purchased the car. The car is very original and the speedometer/odometer has not been replaced. Yes, the car has some stone chips, otherwise, its condition is consistent with a 6k mile car with little to no wear. It’s mechanically sound and the transmission shifts smoothly.
I’m happy to answer any questions here.

·
Premium Member
1,481 Posts
I saw this Exige in person a couple of days ago at the Aston Martin/Lotus dealer in Summit NJ. If I was in the market to buy an Exige I would not hesitate to buy this car. (Check out my signature, I have some experience).

1 - 18 of 18 Posts