The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Evora GT in Formula Red, coordinated black+red interior, windowed engine hatch
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that I'm the incredibly happy and proud owner of an Evora GT, I naturally want to have the official provenance document(s) associated with it. So I reached out via [email protected] to get the process started.

First, the interesting part. Andy Graham initially responded with "It will not be until 2021 when 2020 production has finished and I have processed the build records that I will be able to advise how many were made." That reveals a tidbit I hadn't expected: They are still producing MY2020 vehicles. By this point in 2020 I would have expected they'd be into preproduction on the new MY2021 Evoras but apparently not.

The confusing bit is the next response I received. When I asked if I was now "on the list" and the process would proceed in due time, or if I should instead reach out to him again after the first of the year, he replied "I understand you will contact a Lotus dealer and order through them otherwise you would need to pay import tax as it will be a package of goods."

Is that how it's worked for other US-based owners? This is the first I've heard of working through a dealer to get provenance. Maybe everyone just glosses over that, but the comments I've read (and the instructions at their website's link "Certificate of Provenance – Lotus Cars", which is the USA-specific website) certainly give the impression that you interact directly with Hethel.

What's the story?

·
Registered
835 Posts
I suspect the response I got just yesterday now applies to all Lotus... See here:

·
Registered
2020 Evora GT in Formula Red, coordinated black+red interior, windowed engine hatch
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm... odd that Andy didn't just "say that" but it's totally fine with me. I was just confused by the disconnect. I was already planning to have mine professionally mounted anyway so this will save me the trouble.

·
Premium Member
2011 Lotus Evora
113 Posts
I ordered mine July 1 and Andy said that due to the large number of orders with covid there was a 3 week wait. Perhaps they were so overwhelmed with orders so they decided to change to a new system.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And it also appears that they won't do provenance on a given model year until that calendar year is over. That means a 5+ month wait for me! {grin}

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
You can get them from thelotusforums.com as well. I got one for free via the membership there. They are factory backed.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Ill write your Certificate of Provenance for you.

"X Evora GTs were imported into the US in 2020
1/10th of them were in your color
1/10th of those were MT.
Yours is the ONLY ONE in that color with those packs, that wheel color, that interior, bought from a dealer called Dave on a week day."

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, I know. {grin} But there is something cool about having a vehicle where provenance is even a "thing", and there's something to be said for having it from the factory.

If I were a completely practical person, I wouldn't have purchased a Lotus in the first place. Let me wallow a bit in my self-indulgence. {wink}

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Excellent point... done! Added an avatar photo too. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts