The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
You do have to admit, there are some interesting choices in 4 seater cars today for the 40-60k range ... here was my short list

1) 2010-2011 Evora, Evora S Hardtop
2) 2013-2014 Shelby GT 500 vert
3) 2013-2014 Camaro ZL1 vert
4) 2008-2012 BMW M3 vert
5) 2007-2010 BMW M6 vert
6) 2011-2012 CTS-V (2door coupe)
7) 2008-2012 Mercedes C63
8) 2013 Audi TT-RS
9) 2009-2010 Nissan GT-R

I am not much of a Porsche fan ... way too many around here, but I suppose there are a few 911 I might have considered.

In the end, I am trying to get a Evora ... I love the ferrari-esk look without the ferrari maintenance & reliability. I want a car I can drive daily and go to the local shows without embarrassment. I need back seats, although they will never get used ... one in a blue moon. I need stock reliable performance ... no more tuning the crap out of cars

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
It really comes down to the character of the car. Each one beats the others in different categories when you look at numbers, so you've just got to drive them and see which appeals to you

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
6,981 Posts
EVora = PRECISION handling unequaled by any P car.

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
The TTRS drives nice & is pretty fast with no mods. Looks too ordinary though for what it's performance is capable of. It's faster than the 4.2L R8. Slight tune & it's faster than the 5.2L R8. I'm speaking from experience fwiw. My friend has one that is moderately tuned & it handles very well too. It was my 2nd choice after Lotus.

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Actually the TTRS is the reason I'm now driving an Evora S. All cars I had over the last 20 years were Audi Quattro (S2 Coupe, RS2, S4, RS4, S4, S3, only exception: Porsche GT3) and the TTRS seemed the logical choice to replase the S3 I was driving before. However I found the test drive horrible. Yes, the engine is nice and quattro always great in poor weather, but the car itself is just disappointing. The car ist just plain ugly and the exhaust resonates like crazy.:facepalm

So I was desperately looking for something else and the Evora was it.:clap:

·
Premium Member
6,981 Posts
Interesting, I too found the TT in any form to be disconnected from the experience. ;)Felt more manly in a Miata besides.

·
Registered
795 Posts
The TT's getting a reset in 2015. The look goes anywhere from this ...

To this more toned down version ...

Remains short, squat and Veedub Beetle looking if you ask me.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Interestingly enough I had a 2011 Evora that I traded for a 2013 GTR. The performance is fantastic but I am a diehard Lotus guy and missed the look of the Evora. I totally agree with the "Ferrari-look" sans the price/upkeep. I bought an E92 M3 in the meantime. Fantastic performance but somewhat boring looks. Also ACE from the forum, a close friend, pointed out that all the local private school kids had nearly the same car!!:facepalm
Also I have gotten much better at driving normal speeds on my local roads so the GTR as my DD did not get used to its fullest potential by any means. In the last 5 years I have been racing an Ariel Atom, BMW or various chump cars so most of my high speed need is fulfilled at the track. And of course the 2-eleven comes out for special sunny track days:D
Long story short is that I have bought another Evora last week as I missed the beautiful looks of the car. I am not concerned that Evoras are not overly fast. They handle quite nicely and are priced now very reasonably on the used market.

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
A great choice, welcome back.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have to say docjay ... it seems like we have very similar taste. I played with an ariel atom (#10) until FL voided my title and registration. I then had a ferrari 360 ... and loved the looks and even the F1 ... but the upkeep was expensive. I bought one of the first ss camaros when my Porsche Boxster tarnny bit the dust ... what a mistake that was. I have own a Diablo, more Ferraris than I can count, a few 911, a Noble, etc... I even bought a new FR-S series 10 as a daily driver ... another mistake (talk about boy ricer material).

I am now at the point in my life where I finally know what I want ...

1) It has too be sexy and exotic
2) It has too be capable of being driven daily
3) Reliable
4) Low cost or at least reasonable
5) Has too have power ... not stupid fast ... but capable of holding its own
6) Must be a car I can take to a local car show ... and feel good about
7) Has to have 4 seats ... rear will not be used unless absolutely needed
8) Has to be something that will not lose value to quickly ... and might even gain
9) preferable something my wife could drive (not absolutely necessary) meaning automatic
10) Can not be something everyone has ... or even knows about ... rare

To me this clearly identifies the lotus evora ... the perfect solution would be a 2012 Evora S IPS in Canyon red or burnt orange ... but I also want to keep the price at 50K or under if possible.

Reactions: Lckitty
1 - 10 of 10 Posts